Hard Rock Hotel Anniversary Party April 6th!

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the HRH on April 6th and I had cabana 8 reserved for both days we will be there. Last night someone from the HRH called and told me that cabanas 7,8,9 &10 are going to be reserved by the hotel because they are having an anniversary celebration. The man who left the message said the cabanas are going to be filled with games and activities by the pool. They offered me another cabana. I am going to call him today and get more information. It sounds like it will be fun!

I spoke with the recreation office. It sounds like a lot of fun. They are going to have games for the kids, a luau (sp?) Saturday night and concerts on Sunday. The hotel is completely booked that weekend too, so its going to be crazy. I did get a cabana, but of course not the one I had originally booked! Oh well, it will still be a blast!

I hope we get to see some of the concerts, aour plane leaves at 7pm, I really want to see the Beach Boys. We have cabana #3 for the 7th.

Patty

Pathubia-we have cabana 4 for the 7th! We leave that day too, but we go over to Disney. I will see you around the pool!

I miss all this by ONE DAY???!!!

Does my luck stink or what??? :(

Have a great time, guys!

Sorry Robin, one of these times we will be there at the same time.

I am so excited about the anniversary celebration. I was thinking about trying to get a flight for monday and stay an extra night, but that would add about $400 to an already tight budget.

Patty

I understand that dilemma, Patty. I had to move my trip up one day because my company is sending me to Dallas one day after I return.... UGH! Luckily it won't cost me more thanks to the time of year!

I just spoke with a very pleasant lady at the concierge desk regarding next weekend. We will be there and I was wondering about some of the festivities. She said she had heard the rumor that the Beach Boys woud be there but it is not on paper so she could not confirm that. She did say that there would be quite a few "old rockers" at the hotel. She mentioned John Cafferty and Pat Travers. She also mentioned that Austin Powers would be there. Not Mike Myers but an Austin Powers look-a-like.

Yea baby!

The HRH sent me a letter today listing the events that will be taking place next week.....

It starts out with "If there was a weekend to be visiting the HRH at Universal Orlando, you picked it!"

The man I spoke with yesterday told me that the Beach Boys would be there, but they're not listed. I will be missing the concert anyways, it's from 4-7 on sunday, our flight is at 7. oh well.

Fri and Sat will both have Dive-In Movies, Fri will be Austin Powers and Sat will be Blue Hawaii.

I will try to post more later

Patty

Argghh! I have reservations at the Hard Rock starting Saturday, April 6 but would like to come in 1 night early on Friday. I have been trying for a month now and no luck. Sold out. Anyone have any tips? Words of wisdom? Prayers? A room at the Hard Rock for Friday, April 5 that they won't be using?

Richard

Here's Fridays Schedule (subject to change without notice)

Friday April 5th

10 am - 5 pm pool area arts and crafts, fun games and activities

5 pm - 8 pm beach club stage Free concert featuring Dave Jenkins from
Pablo Cruise

6 pm - 9 pm Sunset Grill 70' night starring Austin Powers

8 pm - 10 pm Pool Area Dive-In movies "Austin Powers"

9 pm - Late Velvet Bar Friday night fever 70's disco with DJ Roger Barber-Free

I JUST GOT BACK 03/29/02. IF YOU WANT A LOUNGE CHAIR
AT THE POOL AREA...GO OUT AND RESERVE ONE AROUND 7:00AM!!

WE TOOK A COUPLE OF TOWELS UP TO THE ROOM THE EVE
BEFORE AND BROUGHT THEM BACK DOWN TO OUR CHOICE OF
LOUNGE CHAIR BEFORE 8:00 AM EVERY MORNING!!! BY 8:30
THEY ARE ALL TAKEN!!

IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO RESERVE A CABANA...DO IT!!
IT IS REALLY HOT BY 10:00 AM!!!

EVERY PART ON MY DD'S BODY IS BURNED. EARS AND LIPS!!!
EVEN THOUGH I APPLIED SUNSCREEN CONSTANTLY!!!

GET CHAIRS IN THE SHADE OR UNDER AN UMBRELLA. YOU WILL
BE GLAD YOU DID!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter