HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

We're headed to HRH in 3 weeks. Since we're "commando" types, we would like a room that is closest to the fastest route to the parks. Any suggestions on which building or room to request would be greatly appreciated.

We're headed to HRH in 3 weeks. Since we're "commando" types, we would like a room that is closest to the fastest route to the parks. Any suggestions on which building or room to request would be greatly appreciated.

There are rooms on the first floor near a side door that takes you right to the park walkway. I don't know the room #'s but I would call the HRH and put the request in. They are amazing when it comes to room requests. We always call (you get the hotel not a call center like Disney) and ask for a room location as we have had in the past. I have had them look up my past reservations and put in the request. We have stayed in the same room three times in a row!!

We are here now and it's really a great hotel. We have two of those first floor trims and we timed out walk to the park. Four and a half minutes. Our rooms were ready at 9 am!

We are here now and it's really a great hotel. We have two of those first floor trims and we timed out walk to the park. Four and a half minutes. Our rooms were ready at 9 am!

Was that from the main path or through the parking lot shortcut? Are the doors to the shortcut easy to find? Enjoy!

Was that from the main path or through the parking lot shortcut? Are the doors to the shortcut easy to find? Enjoy!
Normal path. I'm a noob and didn't know a shortcut through the parking lot existed.

I know I know I know that it's a pipe dream, but rooms being ready that early sounds amazing. We're coming in on an early flight with several laptops (both of us are in "on call" IT positions). I'd love to be able to dump that stuff in the room rather than check it. I know it's likely just as safe in either place, but the BF is a worrier.

(No one needs to tell me that rooms being ready that early should never be counted on, nor that worrying about luggage is silly. Just wistful musing/appreciation.)

I know I know I know that it's a pipe dream, but rooms being ready that early sounds amazing. We're coming in on an early flight with several laptops (both of us are in "on call" IT positions). I'd love to be able to dump that stuff in the room rather than check it. I know it's likely just as safe in either place, but the BF is a worrier.

(No one needs to tell me that rooms being ready that early should never be counted on, nor that worrying about luggage is silly. Just wistful musing/appreciation.)
My hubby is the same with the business computers we must travel with. It was a great bonus. We've been happy at HR. Not huge Universal fans though. Too bad. Disney has my heart and mind.

My hubby is the same with the business computers we must travel with. It was a great bonus. We've been happy at HR. Not huge Universal fans though. Too bad. Disney has my heart and mind.

Anything in particular? I spent a lot of time in both parks in the 90s/early 2000s. I tried going back to WDW in 2015 and found it far too crowded and expensive, and things felt a little rundown compared to my memories growing up. I haven't been to UO since they went full throttle on the HP stuff. I'm not overly attached to HP, but I also don't have much loyalty to any of the Disney "intellectual properties".

In short, looking forward to a less sprawling experience, and the express passes. :)

We arrive a week from this Sunday. Thanks for your reports.

Anything in particular? I spent a lot of time in both parks in the 90s/early 2000s. I tried going back to WDW in 2015 and found it far too crowded and expensive, and things felt a little rundown compared to my memories growing up. I haven't been to UO since they went full throttle on the HP stuff. I'm not overly attached to HP, but I also don't have much loyalty to any of the Disney "intellectual properties".

In short, looking forward to a less sprawling experience, and the express passes. :)

We arrive a week from this Sunday. Thanks for your reports.
The Harry Potter areas are brilliant! Express pass has been great but aside from Minion Mayhem which was a standout, the rides have fallen flat. It's almost an intangible quality. I want to say that something is missing in the storytelling. Walking around I feel like I'm in an amusement park rather than a meticulously conceived theme park. None of this applies to HP. We travel to Disney frequently and never feel compelled to see it all. I think that's why the crowds there don't bug me. We just leave when it gets too intense. My attachment to Disney is a feeling. Perhaps Universal didn't stand a chance. Have fun on your trip.

Oh and someone asked me to report back on water and milk. All I've found are small bottles at $4 or so a bottle. Milk is in single serve. Not sure of price.

The Harry Potter areas are brilliant! Express pass has been great but aside from Minion Mayhem which was a standout, the rides have fallen flat. It's almost an intangible quality. I want to say that something is missing in the storytelling. Walking around I feel like I'm in an amusement park rather than a meticulously conceived theme park. None of this applies to HP. We travel to Disney frequently and never feel compelled to see it all. I think that's why the crowds there don't bug me. We just leave when it gets too intense. My attachment to Disney is a feeling. Perhaps Universal didn't stand a chance. Have fun on your trip.

Oh and someone asked me to report back on water and milk. All I've found are small bottles at $4 or so a bottle. Milk is in single serve. Not sure of price.

Thanks for checking on the water! :)

We're also Disney nuts, trying UO for the first time in a long time. But we're totally going for HP, so I think we'll still be happy with the trip!

Thanks for checking on the water! :)

We're also Disney nuts, trying UO for the first time in a long time. But we're totally going for HP, so I think we'll still be happy with the trip!
We love HP too. Yesterday we were the only family in Olivander's. Dd, 12 was chosen for the wand ceremony. To use Disney speak, it was magical! She has been absolutely enthralled these past few days. That alone made this side trip worth it.

We love HP too. Yesterday we were the only family in Olivander's. Dd, 12 was chosen for the wand ceremony. To use Disney speak, it was magical! She has been absolutely enthralled these past few days. That alone made this side trip worth it.

That's awesome! Good for her!! It's just me and my wife, so I don't know if they would pick one of us two? ;)

That's awesome! Good for her!! It's just me and my wife, so I don't know if they would pick one of us two? ;)
Maybe you'll get lucky like we did and be the only ones in there. We were on the Diagon Alley side which seemed to be much quieter than the Ollivander's at Hogsmede.

Final note before I head home tomorrow. Room service at the HR is awesome! Dd didn't feel well tonight (tummy ache). We stayed in and ordered room service. My steak was perfectly grilled with the most delicious green beans and mashed potatoes. Kids shared wonderful spaghetti and meatballs. Dh had a great burger with steak cut fries and a massive, fresh Caesar. Dd felt better and enjoyed chicken pot pie. It was delivered hot and fresh by a courteous team member.

Housekeeping has also been outstanding. The rooms have been meticulously cleaned each day within half an hour of my requesting service.

Final note before I head home tomorrow. Room service at the HR is awesome! Dd didn't feel well tonight (tummy ache). We stayed in and ordered room service. My steak was perfectly grilled with the most delicious green beans and mashed potatoes. Kids shared wonderful spaghetti and meatballs. Dh had a great burger with steak cut fries and a massive, fresh Caesar. Dd felt better and enjoyed chicken pot pie. It was delivered hot and fresh by a courteous team member.

Housekeeping has also been outstanding. The rooms have been meticulously cleaned each day within half an hour of my requesting service.

Really appreciate this info. I could see us doing room service one night. (We're not commando types.)

How did you request the service? Did you call once and ask for a specific time, or call before you left each morning? Thanks!

How did you request the service? Did you call once and ask for a specific time, or call before you left each morning? Thanks!

Would love to know this also. We like coming back in the afternoon to a clean room, something that didn't always happen the last time I was at AKL, for example.

Would love to know this also. We like coming back in the afternoon to a clean room, something that didn't always happen the last time I was at AKL, for example.
No matter what hotel I'm in anywhere in the world, before I leave in the morning, I call housekeeping and request early service. I let them know I'm leaving now and that I'll be back in a few hours. I ask that the room be done before my return. This has always worked at Disney too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter