• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hard Rock pool slide

mickman1962

I gotta go where it's warm
Looking to stay at either the HRH or the RPH. I understand that the RPH pool does not have any kind of slide (usually stay at the Beach Club). A good slide is very important to my kids (not me). I like the theming of the RPH but would consider the HRH. I cannot seem to find a picture of the HRH slide. Is it worth switching hotels or is it just an ordinary slide? If anyone who has a picture(s) could either post a link or I could give you an e-mail to send one I would appreciate it.

TIA

If I remember right, the slide is S-shaped and curves a lot. It looked pretty fun, but it was too cold to swim when I visited. :(

We were at HRH last year and the year before. My daughter was 7 and 8 then. She absolutely loved the slide. It was almost like having a mini waterpark at the hotel. There are tunnels and twists and turns. I would definatley pick HRH over PBH if you have kids like mine that love the pool. There is a cemented area as well as a sandy beach area around the pool. The pool bar serves food as well as refreshments. There was a poolside basketball hoop also. ENJOY!!:Pinkbounc

We stayed at the RP with kids (7 and 11) and they enjoyed the water canons on the "shipwreck". They did not miss not having a slide. We just got back from PB and their beach pool had a slide. but it was pretty short. I am hoping the HR slide is better, although I have heard it is longer than PB but flatter and slower. We'll see Aug 20-24.

although I have heard it is longer than PB but flatter and slower. We'll see Aug 20-24.

True! My kids love the slide at PBH because its faster, but also enjoy the winding slide at HRH.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could swear that I heard a few years ago (maybe on the travel channel?) that the pool slide at the HRH in Orlando is the longest in the USA...?

The HRH slide is good - twisty, curvey, fairly long and relatively flat as descibed above. It is not the BC slide. That slide seems to be unique for a hotel and more like one of the smaller slides you might see at a water park. The HRH pool is shallow with no deep end but we really liked it. When you are at this pool you know that you are in Florida.

My kids, 4 and 8, loved the slide at HRH. I was about to go down when they had to close the pool because of a storm. It was a real storm too, they didn't close it for no reason. I don't know if we can stay at a hotel with no pool slide now, lol!

I even tried out the slide and enjoyed it. The kids loved it and we disappointed in the slide at the Boardwalk. They said the Boardwalk slide was slower and bumpier and hurt their rear.

I think that if you stay in any of the Universal on-site hotels, you can go to all the pools. That might be an option, rather than changing reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter