Hard to believe it is June and the crowds at WDW are this light!

90s and humid right now, right?

I have teacher friends who go in the summer because that's the only time they can, otherwise for us we love going in the fall timeframe, weather-wise. Hasn't summer been fairly consistently lighter than spring/fall as of late?

Why is it hard to believe? It's been pretty well documented that summer has been the new slow season at WDW for at least 3 years now. Even their hotel pricing reflects that.

90s and humid right now, right?

I have teacher friends who go in the summer because that's the only time they can, otherwise for us we love going in the fall timeframe, weather-wise. Hasn't summer been fairly consistently lighter than spring/fall as of late?
Yes it has. We live just a couple of miles from the Castle and the weather for the past month or two has been unusually warm (hot) with less of the normal daily after noon thunderstorms.

Here now, very hot and humid. DW is laid up all day due to stomach flu. We cancelled our AK day today. Hoping she is better tomorrow for a WP. EPCOT planned for Thursday, but willing to cancel that also. Just chilling out at SSR, enjoying DS in the evening, and planning next years trips in cooler weather.

Here now, very hot and humid. DW is laid up all day due to stomach flu. We cancelled our AK day today. Hoping she is better tomorrow for a WP. EPCOT planned for Thursday, but willing to cancel that also. Just chilling out at SSR, enjoying DS in the evening, and planning next years trips in cooler weather.

Sorry to hear about the DW illness. The temperature and humidity has been pretty tough this week here in central Florida, although rain/cooler temps are forecast later this week.

I said everything seemed to have a lot of availability for July on the boards a while ago. Other than SDD fast pass every other fastpass and reservation I wanted was wide open. Someone on the board told me that was always true in July, so, I don't know. I hope it holds for just a few more weeks, be there in 18 days :)

Hope your DW feels better SOON! And that you still have a magical trip afterwards!
Been very humid here in NJ also, and supposed to put FL-like HEAT with it this week. I am NOT a happy camper, and neither is my body!!

I'm thinking that due to the heat in Florida and the perception that summer is busier (plus the higher prices for tickets and resorts sometimes), this trend about summers and lower crowds is going to be more normal. A lot of people are shifting their trips to other times of year if they can.

Since my Daughter is out of school we wait until about the week before Thanksgiving week to go. It's a good time for me to take off from work as well and I hate that heat and humidity in the summer even living in the mid-south,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter