Harmony of the Seas....Give me all comments

River Country

15hours49Minutes away without traffic
Looking for the good the bad and the ugly regarding this ship. It is the biggest but what are some good tips when aboard?? Also will take recommendations on Shore Excursions

Itenerary
Ft Lauderdale
Sea
Labadee
Jamaica
Sea
Cozumel
Sea
Ft Lauderdale

I just booked 2 oceanviews with large balcony for next July I also had the DCL Fantasy held for the same week but that would have been $800/per person more which I couldn't justify.

Gonna be onboard in just over 2 weeks doing Labadee-San Juan-St. Maarten. Deck 14 Oceanview balcony. I'll try to take some notes down about the boat.

Excursions - Dunns River Falls (Jamaica) and Tulum (Cozumel) are pretty good, although Dunns is a fairly long trip and a popular destination. Haven't done any beaches or resorts-for-a-day in either.

Labadee, I seem to recall the closer (north?) beach being a bit rocky, so my plan is to try the one that's a bit farther. My dad has a bit of trouble walking (happens when you're 70 with a bad back and replacement knees, I guess) and doesn't like taking trams if he can avoid it, so we'll see if that actually happens.

I will be following- we are going in April and have a Boardwalk balcony cabin. Would appreciate any tips about the ship or Labadee. Every day I do research on various sites- I am a planner!!! My major problem now is .... I really want to plan our entertainment and the Cruise Compasses have been all different:( we are 6 adults in our 60's

Use the compasses as a general guideline, as there's a good chance that things will change in between then and now. I believe formal night has been on day 2 for a while now, so I feel that it is one of the things that won't change.

Entertainment requires patience - you have to wait until the schedule goes up online. I think ours appeared around 3 months out. And when it did, I made a google doc to help me figure out the schedule. I don't know if you did fixed or MTD, but you'll notice that the shows appear to work around fixed first seating, so that's something you can take into account for now. Also, make sure you've got the reservation numbers of your companions so you can book them as well - assuming you want to watch with them :).

Thanks for your response! So if I go on my cruise planner when the entertainment times are available I can book everyone (I do have their reservation numbers)? We have fixed dining at 8:30-2 formal nights- Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel. We were on the Allure last year with a different group and found that the late dining worked well with the late entertainment times and we normally eat dinner at 5!lol We are retired and there weren't any kids with any of us. I assume anyone with kids will go earlier to dinner and shows.

we are going on the Harmony in the Spring. We did the Oasis when it was new, that was amazing. It felt so futuristic. I loved ice skating. This time i am glad to see they made the boardwalk have games.

Yes i found it on a video that was about dinner at the Windjammer on Harmony. It looked like they took one station at the WindJammer and made it a chocolate buffet (they even had a sign, probably made of chocolate, that said so).. there were chocolate covered apples with sprinkles, a tower of cream puffs, and tons more. i will go look to see if i can find it again on youtube.

Thanks for your response! So if I go on my cruise planner when the entertainment times are available I can book everyone (I do have their reservation numbers)?
Correct. There will be an option to add guests from other reservations. Punch in their reservation number and last name, and they should appear.

We have fixed dining at 8:30-2 formal nights- Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel. We were on the Allure last year with a different group and found that the late dining worked well with the late entertainment times and we normally eat dinner at 5!lol We are retired and there weren't any kids with any of us. I assume anyone with kids will go earlier to dinner and shows.
That would be us. We did some late night bookings for comedy and Grease, but those are things the kids wouldn't be interested in anyway.

Also, I am all in on going to that chocolate buffet. Wish they mentioned what time of day this was at.

Not sure if you have used the Royal iQ app. It works on Harmony. Download at home, but it will only work when it connects to the ships wifi. For $8 you can send and receive text messages to members in your party. It also has digital cruise compass. You can also book events and dining and it keeps your schedule for you. Could be of great benefit to you and your party.

Well, heading to FLL in the morning (rain! Booooo!). Boarding Harmony on Saturday. Can't wait!

$8 per day is a one time fee for length of voyage and unfortunately, it is per device used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!