• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry Potter on audio tape for the drive.

timC

DVC Member at BWV
Wow, did that work like a charm ;). We didn't hear a peep out of the kids (or parents) for the 9+ hours we listened to Chamber of Secrets.... 11+ hours for the Prisoner of Azkaban, for the return trip, and again, not a word.

Now the whole family is hooked, and my 10yr old DS is actually reading the 700 page 4th book Goblit of Fire.

These are very entertaining stories to listen to, if you intend to drive to WDW.

We loved listening to these on our trip to Florida last May. Actually, on the last leg home, we were sitting in the car, after 10 hours, still listening to the end of the last CD! Too funny!

I was so glad to see your positive posting on Harry Potter audios. We have used books on tape for several trips, but our problem is that DSs are 14 & 7. They agree on very few books and don't agree on the books DH & I want to hear. But he all agree on Harry Potter. Oldest DS read all the books, but he is happy to hear them again on tape. Youngest DS went to the movie and has asked for one book from Santa. DH & I have not read the books, but I went w/ DSs to the movie. Sound like we'll be buying HP if we decide to drive.

We also have all 4 books on tape. We drove from MD and believe me these tapes were a great way to past the time -- DS (11), DH (36) and myself (36) have all listened to them before but it was nice to just pop the tape in (not have to hunt for a good radio station - that we could all agree on) and ride. We are all hooked on HP. Can't wait for the next book!

Can anyone tell me where I can buy these books on tape? I think my kids(me too) would really enjoy listening to these. thanks!

I saw them at Barnes & Noble. DS also priced them out thru Amazon.

You can also check them out at your local library for free!! We were hoping for the new book for our January trip.DS (9) has read them all four times!

Jordan's mom

What a great idea! And it's something the whole family would enjoy. My husband and I have both read all the books but would certainly enjoy listening to them again and the kids saw the movie and are so interested in Harry Potter now. I may just have to pick a couple of these up for our next drive down to WDW. :)

Glad to here we weren't the only one's reluctant to get out of the car while listening to these. LOL We stoped for dinner and sat in the car listening until the end of the chapter! These are great fo the trip.

If your kids are a bit older but still into the fantasy genre of things (especially with the movie out now) Lord Of The Rings is a great book on tape as well. My 2 younger siblings (11 & 13) both LOVE listening to those books on tape. My sister is visually impaired so my parents often buy books on tape. Chronicles of Narnia is another great one (I just bought this one for Christmas and I found the full set for $25.00).

Thanks MosMom -- great suggestions -- I feel a trip to the bookstore may be very soon!!! LOL My DS loves to listen to books on tape (DH and I do too). If anyone else has any suggestions for books on tape please let me know!

I found the last one at Target for less than I paid at Barnes and Nobles for the other three (including the B&N discount card). These are fantastic to listen to.

debyc- our library has them that you can borrow. I've seen them at Wal-mart, Target...
they aren't cheap. 35 a piece..

Just another library idea. We leave Saturday and DS loves for us to read aloud in the car. We have already done all the Potter books that way as well as several other series. My idea was to do the Tom Sawyer and Swiss Family Robinson (sp ?) books on the way down to introduce him to these charaters that he will discover in attractions at MK.We have somehow missed reading these two book. I am going to my local library tomorrow to try and find them. Any other books that could introduce a child to an attraction would be a good idea.Can't wait for Saturday!!!

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter