Harry potter world worth visiting Universal?

Thanks @StageTek

I know the book was written long before opening, which is why I posted here to get the perspective of people who have actually been there :)

hmmm, so maybe I will do single rider first time, and then do regular line the second time

great, now I just need to figure out what to fit into zipped pockets and pack a lanyard :)

Has anyone tried a wand bought at Orlando Ollivander's in this park. Wondering if they are compatible?

I might have missed this - what are the lineups like to get into shops? And/Or Three Broomsticks?

From what i've heard the shops are really small so the lineups can be longer. Three Broomsticks can get long lines around lunch.

Has anyone tried a wand bought at Orlando Ollivander's in this park. Wondering if they are compatible?

My understanding is that they will work at both Orlando and Hollywood.

From what i've heard the shops are really small so the lineups can be longer. Three Broomsticks can get long lines around lunch.

My understanding is that they will work at both Orlando and Hollywood.
Thanks! We actually went today. No lineups except Ollivanders. ;) and no lineups at all in the park that we experienced.

We catch a flight in the morning (6-7) to BUR, landing at 8:45am. Will only be there for the day. Any new advice?

We catch a flight in the morning (6-7) to BUR, landing at 8:45am. Will only be there for the day. Any new advice?

Any advice or tips from your recent visit, Geemo? Hope it was a good time!

Any advice or tips from your recent visit, Geemo? Hope it was a good time!
The flight arrived in Burbank 15 minutes ahead of schedule which was nice. Since we were there for only the day we went straight to the taxi stand to get a ride to USH.
I had a slight challenge getting the driver to understand we were not going to a hotel, we wanted to go to USH Theme Park. Due a bit of language difference, it took three times before he got it. For any trip in the future I plan to print out a google map with directions from the Airport to our destination.

Security at the park was easy to get through. Plenty of stations open and they were through in checking the bags. It looked like all had metal detectors.
Since WWOHP was the reason for the trip, we went straight to that area. The volume of people wasn't too bad at about 9:15am.
My granddaughter was, as she put it, "I'm Fan Crushing". She was so excited she was shaking. The grin on her face, little gasps and giggles were priceless.
We were able to get through the whole area fairly easy.

Here's how our attractions were for WWOHP.
Forbidden Journey 45 minute wait posted, it was accurate.
Wand Shop 30 minute wait posted, it was accurate. Sorry I don't know the real name.
Flight of the Hippogriff 20 minute posted, it only took about 15 minutes.
We ate breakfast and a late lunch at the 3 Brooms place. The food was good, much to my surprise. The cost seemed reasonable too for the portions.

Checking the wait time app on USH's free wi-fi, we noticed the wait time for FJ dropped drastically during shows. Tues the Special Effects and Animal shows both were at the same time. The FJ wait time went down to 30 minutes from 90+ min during these two shows.

The usual rule of arriving early is key at USH too. I don't know how it is at closing, we left about 5:15pm to get our flight home.

While it was a fun day, USH isn't a full day park for us. We'd seen all we were interested in by 4:30 and went out to City Walk.

I'm happy we had our one day trip and in October I can spend all my time at DLR.

The Burbank airport is so nice and easy to get through. If I can't go to DLR though SNA or LGB, I'd go with BUR over LAX.

Geemo

A couple of pic's from the day.

Attachments

• 045a.jpg
    045a.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 044a.jpg
    044a.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 23
  • L 008.jpg
    L 008.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 23
How are the Forbidden Journey seats for Shrek-sized people?
I've been on FJ in Florida and it was good for me & I'm Pooh Size. They had a seat outside the ride to let people see if they could fit the ride. I'm a 20W in women's to give you an idea. It was comfortable. No issues. I'm assuming it's the same in CA. Can anyone confirm?

How are the Forbidden Journey seats for Shrek-sized people?
They are designed nicely for larger people. Which I'm personally thankful for.
They do have a sample seat, it's located right before you get to the loading station of the ride.

Once in the seat and the restraint brought down over the shoulders, I was very comfortable. Thank you design team!

Geemo

We recently took the interactive wand from Orlando to California. These are compatible. There are about 11 interactive stations in Hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter