Harumph! Others comment on VEP

My platinum plated Lamborghini's in the shop so I'll have to bring my gold plated one :( At least I wont have to sit with those commoners on the buses.LOL
proto009.jpg

You know, the reactions I get from people when I tell them that I bought into the DVC are pretty amazing. Mostly, they think it is a bad deal and not a great financial investment.

I don't bother to argue with them, and tell them if they view Disney as just another place to take the kids so they can check that off of their parenting "to do" list, then they will never understand. You can never persuade them....kind of like trying to tell people how great it is to stay on-site at Disney. There are those who will never understand why people feel that is such an important part of a trip there.

A DVC purchase involves passion, a feeling that Disney is more than a nice place to go or a fun place to visit. It's a magical place, and I don't mean that just for children. And from what I see on this board, it's a place that some people like myself find truly special.

Those that don't "get it", call this elitism. Those that do get it, call it "Welcome Home".

Granny

While, as a DVC owner, I think the new DVC resort's plans look wonderful and I'm sure I'll enjoy staying there.

As a golfer I feel slightly upset that it has the potential to detract from the real beauty of Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines Golf courses. I doubt that the, undoubtably talented, designer will be able to maintain the " pristine wilderness feel to the golf courses while adding some 600 units into the vista.

As a DVC owner AND a golfer I'm just about happy with the news, if I was ONLY a golfer I'd be pretty miffed with the plans and feel that Disney has enough land to leave the golf courses alone. JMHO.

I'd disagree with anyone who says DVC is elitist, the majority of the members are simply people who can spot a bargain when they see one. Of course a bargain is only that if you're actually interested in buying whatever is on sale and can make good use of the product :)

You said it perfectly Granny!!!
It is a passion and there are people out there who will NEVER get it. My dh and I try hard to convince people that we are not crazy, but it never works. Now we just focus on sharing thae magic with others hoping they will get it once they see how amazing it is.

Those people who think that WDW is "just another amusement park" should stay home and not join DVC. JMHO

I am glad to see others feel the same passion for Disney as we do. I am excited about the new DVC resorts, not just in the purchasing sense, but in the sense that our little "elitist" world is growing. :)

Kamy

http://gennaroworld.topcities.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter