Has ANYBODY got refund?

MouseLover

DIS Veteran
Have any of you received your requested refund from DC/SW yet?
I understand them being over burdened but this is ridiculous. It should not take weeks and weeks.

There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel about SeaWorld not paying their contractors, and part of the story included the issues with them giving refunds to ticket holders, so you are definitely not the only one having issues (this is not the full article, just the first paragraph and the one about the ticket holder issues) -

A growing number of contractors are pressuring SeaWorld to pay its bills. In Orange County alone, vendors have filed at least 56 liens totaling about $16 million since April, according to a review of public records by the Orlando Sentinel. The disputed contracts are stacking up at other SeaWorld properties including in Tampa and California, records show.

As vendors say they have stopped getting paid, SeaWorld still charged annual passholders for their monthly installments, according to another lawsuit, while others complained on social media or to the Sentinel they had trouble getting refunds on tickets when the parks closed.

In California federal court, a San Diego resident sued May 8 and is asking for class action status to represent passholders, who she says were charged more than $5 million while the parks closed in the pandemic.

“SeaWorld has made the unconscionable decision to keep charging its thousands of customers monthly membership fees while closing its amusement parks as the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, rages throughout the world and the United States economy has gone into a deep recession,” according to the lawsuit filed by Lisa Kouball, who paid $48.99 monthly for her pass.

SeaWorld declined to comment on the lawsuits.

I cancelled a package two weeks ago that was $800 - no refund. I emailed and was told that all refunds are being processed in the order they are received and that there is a delay in reviewing and processing all requests and there is no timeline for refunds. I only have 60 days to dispute with my credit card from the date of purchase, so I may have to go that route if I can.

They owe me over $2000 that I have been trying to get since April 9. I think they are going under.

I cancelled a package two weeks ago that was $800 - no refund. I emailed and was told that all refunds are being processed in the order they are received and that there is a delay in reviewing and processing all requests and there is no timeline for refunds. I only have 60 days to dispute with my credit card from the date of purchase, so I may have to go that route if I can.
I would do that now. per my message below, I've been trying since April 9. Purchase was made in December so I don't think I'm ever getting that money back.

After 3 weeks I contacted my credit card company. That is more than ample time to refund a package, where most places can process a refund in 3-5 days.
With SW not having money should not be my problem. I already paid my bill, and they are collecting interest on my money.

Update: My refund appeared today!
Took just under 3 months.
That’s good to hear! The last I heard from them was a month ago. They were able to confirm my refund is being processed, just can’t tell me when that will be. Your update gives me hope!

I was told my refund request for dated ticket media valid for dates the parks were closed was being processed on July 1st. I have been stonewalled by email and phone since that time. It is now Sept. 8th. I am working with my Credit Card company to request a refund since SeaWorld Entertainment do not give a f%#k about me as their long-time customer. Sad thing is, I do not see how I can bring myself to step inside one of their parks again after this treatment. I will miss Manta and never experience Iron Gwazi. :-( Unbelievable that holding onto their cash flow at my expense EVEN AS THEY TOLD SHARE HOLDERS THEY ARE LOOKING TO BUY SMALL REGIONAL PARKS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF COVID. Unbelievable.

I've been waiting since June 19th for my refund on Dining with Orcas and Sesame Street VIP. Our trip was rescheduled twice and we ended up going July 6th, but neither of those events were offered the days we would be there so they were to be refunded. I called on 9/30 (I made sure to give them 3 months to credit it), again on 10/8, and again today. Every time I call it's the answer of "I'll send an email to our refund team." No resolution. Just postponing it again and again.

I'm tired of waiting on them. I've disputed the charges with Citibank now and I'll get my money that way. This has been such a pain that I can honestly say I'll never go to SeaWorld/Busch Gardens again. I am absolutely done with them. At least Disney refunds me in a timely fashion when they cancel things.

Have any of you received your requested refund from DC/SW yet?
I understand them being over burdened but this is ridiculous. It should not take weeks and weeks.
Bought my tickets Sea World / Busch Gardens tickets in January. They were dated for May so I applied for my refund when it was clear the parks would not be open. I got an email that my refund was being processed but 'as you can understand, it will take us a while to get to all the refunds'. Meanwhile Disney and Universal refunded instantly.
On THIS board I was advised to get the refund through my credit card company. End of September I filed my complaint with Visa and, sure enough, my refund appeared about 10 days later.
The company is managing their cash flow crunch with YOUR money. You need to me more aggressive if you want a refund.

That’s good to hear! The last I heard from them was a month ago. They were able to confirm my refund is being processed, just can’t tell me when that will be. Your update gives me hope!

File a complaint with your Credit Card company. It works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter