Has anyone been to the PBH Club floor?

Sarahnyc

Earning My Ears
We are going to the Portofino on December 1 and I'm hoping to be upgraded to a suite with my platinum Loews first card. If they don't have a suite available, what's the club floor like?

Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

I actually stayed club level at PBH the first time we went to stay a week back in 2000. We were upgraded for no other reason than the guy was nice and the hotel was very quiet. We didn't even realize he'd upgraded us till we got in our room.

The room is much bigger than a standard room, and the BATHROOM is unreal!! I swear I could've stayed in the bathroom the entire time I was there, it's almost as big as the bedroom. They have a BOSE stereo playing jazz when you walk in, a turndown service, robes and my kids loved going to the lounge for cokes and cookies every day.

If I could afford club level, I'd do it every time. But I checked rates for the weekend we're going and the standard room at RPR is 125 and club level is 247, so twice the rate.

I just returned yesterday from a one night stay at PBH. I am loews platinum as well and when I checked in they told me they didn't have any suites available. They did have club rooms but said they were not allowed to upgrade to club level. I had a deluxe room booked so the room would have been the same but with club amenities. In the past the hotel told me they only upgrade one category. On my last stay, I was upgraded from bay view to deluxe so I figured this time if I booked a deluxe I would be able to upgrade to club. Needless to say I was not pleased and made that very clear.

Wow! Was it busy RyGuy? I woulda been bummed too! Maybe just the person you got at check-in?

JessicaR,

Yes it was pretty busy. The hotel was almost at 100% occupancy. The only room types they had left were club and deluxe. The guy that checked me in went to the back to check about upgrades and told me suites and club level were all full. But to his surprise I informed him that I knew for a fact the hotel had club rooms available and thats when he told me that he was not allowed to upgrade me to club even if they did have rooms. I then asked about the balcony I had requested and he told me that my room didn't have one. I had him go into the back again and all of a sudden they had a room with a patio available. I did get breakfast for five at Trattoria del Porto the next morning but that was a horrible experience and more uspetting than anything. I'm expecting a call from one of the managers any day now.

The part that bothers me most is the lie. Dont lie, just come right out and say upgrades do not include club level.

This would lead me to believe that maybe all the suites werent booked either. It was only one night. It would have been wise for them to look up your past stays and do the right thing!

What happened at breakfast?

Just wanted you to know also that I have been upgraded from a gardenview to a suite and to a deluxe. At check-in they can do whatever they like, its on the phone with res. they give you the rules by the book. I think they also look at how you booked and what if any discount you used. These were off season periods however and I know that makes a difference.

I hope they address your concerns! :)

JessicaR,

I find it very interesting that you were upgraded from a garden view to deluxe and also a suite. I will make sure to mention that when I hear from PBH management. I am fully aware that they can do whatever they like at check-in. I have seen it at the other two hotels in the past and the first time I stayed at PBH I was loews blue and at check-in I was offered an upgrade to a kid's suite for no additional charge. My breakfast at Trattoria del Porto was horrible. We went to eat at around 10:30AM with the restaurant closing at 11AM. Only one side of the buffet was open creating a very long line almost to the door not to mention the shortage of food and plates. If they are going to take your money or in my case coupons they should at least be able to serve food.

Hey, thanks, everyone for your responses. RyGuy: I'm pretty shocked that you didn't get upgraded to club level if there weren't any suites avavilable. That's completely unacceptable.

I've always booked garden view when it's only my husband and me. (We get kids suites when we take the kids.) And we've always been upgraded to a suite since I've been Platinum. Even before that, we were upgraded to a Pool view just because they didn't have a King (not two queens) garden or bay view.

I think it's great that you asked your front desk person to go back and check repeatedly. I certainly will next week if we don't get special treatment!

I'm actually very nice and sweet--but I definitely expect that I should get the best room available for only two (mid-week) nights. This is my 12th time at PBH. And it's really quiet in early December. I'll let you know what happens!

Have a great trip! I'm very interested to hear how things go.

I'm Plat Loews and was upgraded to a Portofino Parlor Suite at the time of booking. I booked a garden view room at 189.00 nt. Has anyone else taken advantage of this great perk for Platinums? It seems risky to wait until checkin.

I usually book with a discount such as APH, FLO, and ENT. In order to get the upgrade at the time of booking you have to book at whatever rate Loew's is offering which is usually much higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter