Has anyone booked Magic GTY 10A and been upgraded from 3 bed to 2 room?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
I am doing the June 22 Greek cruise as a party of 3, mom, that’s me, and 2 teenaged daughters who will be 16 and 18 who do not want to share beds. It’s probably the last cruise we can do together for quite some time so are splurging as the cost is very high for Canadians and it will take a long time to pay off. I changed today to a 10A GTY from an 11A as they are all 3 bed cabins. I just realized if we get upgraded, the next category up is an OV on a lower deck and possibly a 2 bed room which might impact our trip. There aren’t a lot of 10A cabins on the Magic. Has anyone had this category as a GTY and has this happen? I would love a hidden porthole room on deck 5 but there are only 6 so know the chances of that is slim.

I am doing the June 22 Greek cruise as a party of 3, mom, that’s me, and 2 teenaged daughters who will be 16 and 18 who do not want to share beds. It’s probably the last cruise we can do together for quite some time so are splurging as the cost is very high for Canadians and it will take a long time to pay off. I changed today to a 10A GTY from an 11A as they are all 3 bed cabins. I just realized if we get upgraded, the next category up is an OV on a lower deck and possibly a 2 bed room which might impact our trip. There aren’t a lot of 10A cabins on the Magic. Has anyone had this category as a GTY and has this happen? I would love a hidden porthole room on deck 5 but there are only 6 so know the chances of that is slim.

I would guess your chances of being upgraded are pretty slim. That sailing is very full, all categories are in GTY. That being said, since you’ve chosen a GTY cruise, Disney has all the options.

Your chances of being upgraded out of your specific GTY category on that particular cruise are slim since it is close to sold out. The only reason they would have is if your muster station is abnormally full and they can’t allow you to sleep there. However, since staterooms in that zone are 3 and 4 passengers staterooms, the odds of that happening are much lower than in sections with verandah rooms that sleep 5 guests.

I would be very happy staying 10A. There are a lot more category nine rooms however on deck one and two. I guess we will just keep our fingers crossed. It seems people might be rethinking this cruise now that it is getting closer to PIF. There haven’t been any 10A in many months. Today there is at least one more as it’s still showing as available even after I switched. There aren’t many.

I had a similar but not exactly the same situation. I upgraded to a category 9B GTY from a category 9C on the Wonder because I really wanted to be midship. Our booking is for 4 people. We got our room assignment a week ago and we were upgraded to a 9A room on a higher deck - but now we are no longer midship. Our cruise is also mostly sold out and I only ever had the option to book 9C GTY for oceanview other than the one day when that 9B popped up. So I would say there's definitely a chance that they could "upgrade" you and you might end up not precisely where you want to be.

10As are foreword. Not where I like to be but fingers crossed we can get what we need. I don’t need two teens arguing over who has to sleep with me. Lol. My youngest refuses to do so and the older one doesn't think that’s fair. Three beds will remove the drama.

Since you only have 3 people on the reservation, yes, the possibility exists that you will be placed into a cabin that only accommodates 3 - and therefore would have the queen and the flip-over sofa. In a case like yours where you've got specific bed needs, booking a GTY is never a good idea (ditto when you have location needs because someone stands to have a miserable vacation because they get motion sick and are being taken on a cruise).

My cruise has been GTY in every category since I booked. Hopefully cabins will open up at PIF, but it has been essentially sold out for months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter