Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I thought it felt fine. I'm used to wearing a watch anyway. Sadly, though, my band came off (on the bus, I think) and was lost. :(

It was near the end of the trip, and Disney was great about instantly deactivating it and replacing it with a card that linked to all my remaining Fast Passes and everything - but I'm not sure whether it was a fluke, or I just didn't click it securely, or what??

I'm glad I took pics of it to post here!
Awe...that sucks! I've heard this mentioned before as a possible issue. Wonder what's up with that?

Leaving for Disney next Sunday! I haven't decorated my DH's band yet but I got mine done today. Inspired by It's a Small World.

Band3_zpse6ooowyq.jpg

Band2_zps9rrx37xp.jpg

Band1_zpspz5o1ckf.jpg
How did you get the lines so straight??

Just finished my DH's band! He requested Star Wars and he loves the quote by Admiral Ackbar -"It's a Trap!" So I flipped the RFID puck upside down and utilized the Mickey Symbol! Took me a good while to design the tiny, tiny icon versions of each character but I think it was well worth it. He LOVES it!!

IMG_1586_zpskvcpqu57.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsv0j3tvre.jpg
This is fantastic. Great job.

Here's the secret formula:
1 coat of All About the Base by Defy & Inspire from Target
3 coats of Disney World or Bust by SweetHeartPolish on Etsy (it has the Mickey Ears already in the polish)
2 coats of Over the Top by Defy & Inspire from Target

The store on Etsy has other varieties of "Disney themed" nail polish also.

Do you have problems with cracking during the trip? Lately ours have been cracking no matter what we do. We use Sinful nail polish and stopped the bast coat as we feel it is making it too think and cracking very easily even before we leave.

UPDATE ON HOW THEY HELD UP:
Our Disney trip lasted 8 days. We each had a 7 day Park Hopper ticket, stayed at the Poly, and used the band for all of our purchases. I would estimate over 100 taps each over our entire trip. So that is a lot of tapping against the RFID readers. (I suppose I don't actually have to touch the reader to get it to read, but that is what feels natural so that is what we did). I used 3 layers of Acrylic sealer spray over my designs.

SMALL WORLD BAND
No issues with cracking. Only 2 spots show small signs of wear. I tend to grab anything on my wrist and fidget with it or move it around so the location where my thumb grabs the band has some wear. The removable puck has no design painted on the Mickey logo (only in the recessed area around it) but I still used acrylic spray over it. I think I will remove the puck and just spray the band next time if there is no raised design. Tapping against the reader wore away some of the sealer from the puck but since there is no design it is not noticeable unless you are looking up close.

STAR WARS BAND
No issues with cracking. No signs of wear on the band itself which held up great! The removable puck, being a different texture than the band and constantly being tapped against a reader for 8 days, received a bit of damage to the design. This will be really easy to touch up and fix for a future trip but is something to note.

Overall, the designs held up best on the band portion. The puck portion is a hard, lightly stippled plastic with a glossy textured plastic on the Mickey logo. The glossy texture combined with the tapping caused the most wear on the Mickey logo.

Our trip was lots of fun! I am excited to see more of everyone's designs and experiences with the new Magicband 2.0!

IMG_1665_zpslrquytbi.jpg

fullsizeoutput_cea_zpsblnhipnc.jpeg

I thought it felt fine. I'm used to wearing a watch anyway. Sadly, though, my band came off (on the bus, I think) and was lost. :(

It was near the end of the trip, and Disney was great about instantly deactivating it and replacing it with a card that linked to all my remaining Fast Passes and everything - but I'm not sure whether it was a fluke, or I just didn't click it securely, or what??

I'm glad I took pics of it to post here!

I know this is a little late, but have you checked with Lost and Found? Since it is such a unique item, it will be easy for them to look for it and maybe you can get it back!

I know this is a little late, but have you checked with Lost and Found? Since it is such a unique item, it will be easy for them to look for it and maybe you can get it back!

They told me I could go to L&F near MK, but I didn't want to give up park time to try. I wonder if I could e-mail the picture, though? If they do mail stuff back, I'd keep it as a souvenir.

Would you mind sharing what brand of acrylic sealer spray you used and if you had any issues with bubbles or product clinging to the paint more than the band? It looks fantastic- very matte too.

I used Plaid Patricia Nimock's Acrylic Spray Sealer in Matte. Got it at Walmart as suggested by another poster on this thread. No problem with bubbles, cracking, or peeling. The post above your question details how the bands fared during our trip. There was minimal damage and will be easy to fix.

So, just wanted to pop in and share my experience with my Magic Bands from last November. After much trial and error, I think I finally got a decent combo to prevent major cracking!
I used ONE COAT of Adhesion Promoter, 1 light coat of acrylic spray primer, then acrylic paint. Sealed with Angelus leather sealer. Worked great! There was some very minor cracking and chipping around the holes where the band clasps together, but nothing major. Also, the gold paint I used on the Mickey head faded but that's because I purposely didn't seal it since I didn't want the gold to look dull. I really believe that "less is more" when painting these bands, as they are going to bend and chip no matter what- but the thicker the paint, the more it flakes off. If anything, I would use more than 1 coat of the sealer...
Is my method fool-proof or perfect? Definitely not. But I am happy with the results. Now to try this with the newer style of bands...just have to decide what to paint this time around.
34573342942_0556c2e5c6_z_d.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the new teal band is included as one of the options you can choose on MDE when you book a stay onsite? We're booking in a couple of weeks...but I'm impatient and don't want to wait to check for myself, haha! :)

Can anyone confirm if the new teal band is included as one of the options you can choose on MDE when you book a stay onsite? We're booking in a couple of weeks...but I'm impatient and don't want to wait to check for myself, haha! :)

Not yet. Right now the only way to get the teal puck is to buy the frozen band

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter