Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

It's probably worth mentioning that if you are going to us this as a template to create a custom design to upload to our website then you should make your design slightly larger than the magenta lines, up to the thick blue line. It's also best to use this as a guide layer in your favorite art package and to hide this layer before you save your artwork. Please do feel free to contact me if you need any help.
Thanks for the clarification. I did mention to make the design a bit bigger than the outline, but forgot all about telling folks to turn off the guide layer before saving the image.

And, while I am here, a quick plug for MagicYourBand, I was very happy with the product, and the service, hence I am using them again this year!

Thanks for the clarification. I did mention to make the design a bit bigger than the outline, but forgot all about telling folks to turn off the guide layer before saving the image.

And, while I am here, a quick plug for MagicYourBand, I was very happy with the product, and the service, hence I am using them again this year!

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you kept your coupon code from the previous order? If not just drop me an email! :)

I love the look of the sparkly bands. I have never tried decorating my bands, but would like to for my upcoming trip in two weeks. Can I just use two coats of sparkly nail polish and then two coats of top coat?

I love the look of the sparkly bands. I have never tried decorating my bands, but would like to for my upcoming trip in two weeks. Can I just use two coats of sparkly nail polish and then two coats of top coat?
I tried that way two years ago. It worked, kind of. I had problems with them cracking and chipping. Most of the posts I've read about it suggest using OPI nail polish, and using a basecoat, color coat, and top coat.

I was happy with the way they looked, the just weren't as durable as I had hoped they would be. The MagicYourBand skins held up quite well, and there was an added layer of comfort knowing that I had extras in case one peeled off, I could put a new one on, and be good to go for the next day.

I tried that way two years ago. It worked, kind of. I had problems with them cracking and chipping. Most of the posts I've read about it suggest using OPI nail polish, and using a basecoat, color coat, and top coat.

I was happy with the way they looked, the just weren't as durable as I had hoped they would be. The MagicYourBand skins held up quite well, and there was an added layer of comfort knowing that I had extras in case one peeled off, I could put a new one on, and be good to go for the next day.
Hmmm. If that is the case, I may as well wait until I get there and buy a Disney decorated one, since the supplies would cost me about $30, and most of the decorated magicbands are around $23.

Our trip is almost a year away but I am already getting ideas for decorating our bands. I was going to do a theme, like the Beauty and the Beast ones I did for DS and his GF, or the Princess and the Frog ones I did for DH, DS, and I. I think I will end up going with one of everyone's favorite characters. I plan to do Maleficent for me, Sorcerer Mickey for DH, Peter Pan for older DS, Moana for his GF, Simba for younger DS (that was actually his request since it's his graduation/birthday trip), and Winnie the Pooh for his GF. I may do them as Tsum Tsum images and include other little touches.DS's idea for his was doing Simba on the middle and adding the image Rafiki paints in the tree and the image of the Tree of Life against the sunset to the band.

Our trip is almost a year away but I am already getting ideas for decorating our bands. I was going to do a theme, like the Beauty and the Beast ones I did for DS and his GF, or the Princess and the Frog ones I did for DH, DS, and I. I think I will end up going with one of everyone's favorite characters. I plan to do Maleficent for me, Sorcerer Mickey for DH, Peter Pan for older DS, Moana for his GF, Simba for younger DS (that was actually his request since it's his graduation/birthday trip), and Winnie the Pooh for his GF. I may do them as Tsum Tsum images and include other little touches.DS's idea for his was doing Simba on the middle and adding the image Rafiki paints in the tree and the image of the Tree of Life against the sunset to the band.
I did a Sleeping Beauty MB design to have printed by MagicYourBand, which has Maleficent on it.
DIS MB2 Sleeping Beauty.jpg

I just ordered this years magic band skins, can't wait to get them, and the magic bands so I can see how they look!

Never mind...Can't seem to be able tofigure out how to upload picture.
Below the box where you type in your comment, on the right side there are three buttons. Post Reply is the first, the second is Upload a File. Click that one to upload a picture.

These look fantastic! What brush & paint did you use?
Thanks for the compliments! I use Angelus Leather Paints and any brush that I have that has lost the majority of its bristles...lol Any really fine brush will do, it just has to have a minimal amount of bristles for me to get the fine lines. I don't use anything special that's for sure.

My finished band. I went for the simple, sparkly look. Oops, my upload file isn't working. I'll try again tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter