Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Finally getting around to posting pictures of the bands I did for our trip. I painted them based on everyone's character choice and used Disney Tsum Tsum and Disney Emojis as the inspiration. I did not do a base layer, used leather paint (1-2 layers for each color), and 2 coats of spray on acrylic paint sealer. They held up extremely well for the entire week. Mine, DS2, and GF1's still look perfect with just a few dirty marks. DH, DS1, and GF2's just had slight chipping on the face- I think they were just hard on them!

DH- Baloo, Me- Maleficent, DS1- Peter Pan, GF1- Jiminy Cricket, DS2- Stitch, and GF2- Pooh:
IMG_2879 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2884 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2888 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2895 - Copy.JPG

Anyone have a template that includes the Mickey head on the puck (not the whole puck, just the Mickey part)?

I bought one of the new light pink Magic Bands on eBay on Monday and it arrived on Thursday, so I decided to bling it out for our upcoming trip.

Where did you find the rose gold paint or polish? That's really pretty! I'm not much of a painter so I usually go for a glittery band =D

We received our free MBs for our upcoming stay, so I decided to decorate ours and the couple that is traveling with us. The glitter is 3 coats of OPI nail polish with a top coat of Dior Nail Glow, and I used E6000 to attach the gems. The black Mickey heads are two coats of Sharpie and a top coat of Dior Nail Glow. Enjoy!

Where did you find those mickey gems? I'm using iridescent purple glitter and a shiny mickey in the middle would look awesome!

Where did you find those mickey gems? I'm using iridescent purple glitter and a shiny mickey in the middle would look awesome!
They're actually just glittery gems that I bought from the scrapbooking section at Michael's. I used a large one for the center and then two small ones for the ears. All are affixed with E6000 so that they wouldn't come off, even in the pool.

Where did you find the rose gold paint or polish? That's really pretty! I'm not much of a painter so I usually go for a glittery band =D

Here you go! https://www.etsy.com/listing/256665...aphic-nail?ref=shop_home_active_10&ep_click=1

Finally getting around to posting pictures of the bands I did for our trip. I painted them based on everyone's character choice and used Disney Tsum Tsum and Disney Emojis as the inspiration. I did not do a base layer, used leather paint (1-2 layers for each color), and 2 coats of spray on acrylic paint sealer. They held up extremely well for the entire week. Mine, DS2, and GF1's still look perfect with just a few dirty marks. DH, DS1, and GF2's just had slight chipping on the face- I think they were just hard on them!

DH- Baloo, Me- Maleficent, DS1- Peter Pan, GF1- Jiminy Cricket, DS2- Stitch, and GF2- Pooh:
View attachment 334146

View attachment 334147

View attachment 334148

View attachment 334149

These are amazing! What talent!

Hi! I have just just bitten the bullet and bought myself a Silhouette cutter, and of course my first project is (hopefully) making a vinyl skin for a magic band! Does anyone know of there is a template available for this?

View attachment 334146

View attachment 334147

View attachment 334148

View attachment 334149

These are wonderful. Our DD paints ours and we started with nail polish pens and wanted to move over the leather paints but never did. What brand did you use? Were these pictures before or after use? What a unique idea. I bet you got lots of compliments. I am about to post ours.

Here are our Magicbands from our trip 3 weeks ago. Our dd painted ours with nail polish pens. She painted 14 of them (we had a lot of people in our group). We had a complicated summer before our Disney vacation so we were very rushed to paint them. Some of us helped her but she did most of the painting. We did not use a base coat and sprayed all of them with a matte acrylic sealer spray but one. Actually the one (which was mine - the lion king) which was not sealed chipped the least. All of the characters were fine but some of the wording came off on the other bands. We were there for 2 weeks so they were used a lot - at the park almost every day and attended 2 parties.

IMG_5813.JPG IMG_9360.jpg IMG_9397.jpg IMG_9399.jpg MB-Ke-IMG_5681.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter