Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

These are wonderful. Our DD paints ours and we started with nail polish pens and wanted to move over the leather paints but never did. What brand did you use? Were these pictures before or after use? What a unique idea. I bet you got lots of compliments. I am about to post ours.

Your DD is very talented- those all turned out wonderfully! My pics are pre-use but they all held up really well. The leather paint just says Leather Studio on the label.

Your DD is very talented- those all turned out wonderfully! My pics are pre-use but they all held up really well. The leather paint just says Leather Studio on the label.

Thank you! We were thinking of not spraying them next time to see if they crack less. Since they are nail polish they are waterproof. My Lion King one didn't crack at all and it is the one that wasn't sprayed with the acrylic spray. I will look to buy our daughter the leather paint to try some.

Thanks again!

Thank you! We were thinking of not spraying them next time to see if they crack less. Since they are nail polish they are waterproof. My Lion King one didn't crack at all and it is the one that wasn't sprayed with the acrylic spray. I will look to buy our daughter the leather paint to try some.

Thanks again!

I usually seal mine with clear nail polish but on one I didn’t and used acrylic spray and I can see cracks on that one.

I'm having a hard time finding anything about using vinyl on magic bands, so I thought I would post my experience.

I designed the decals in Silhouette Studio and cut them out of Orcale 651 vinyl. I'm under the impression this is what people on Etsy are making their Magic Band decals with. I used transfer tape to move the design over all at once, but I had a difficult time getting the vinyl to stick - I had to really rub it down and oh so carefully peel off the transfer tape, sometimes having to pick at the vinyl to get it to release from the tape and stick to the band. I then hit the bands with a hair dryer on high heat to warm it up and rubbed down the vinyl more - the heat helps the adhesive activate and adhere better. I was worried the heat might damage the chips in the band, but they worked perfectly.

We wore them on a week long trip, including a full day at the water parks. We wore them constantly, and we were not gentle with them. They held up surprisingly well. Some of the smaller pieces peeled up and were lost, but I was expecting that. Pieces that had skinny, pointed corners would fold up at the tip and leave a little raggedy bit, but we just clipped off the sticking-up parts with nail clippers.

WHAT I LEARNED - Orcale 651 is hard to get to stick to the band initially, but it holds up well. Designs with smooth, rounded shapes are better than things with points and corners. I think designs in multiple pieces are also better - it allowed the band room to flex without the vinyl puckering or wrinkling. I will absolutely use vinyl again, and I'm going to try that stronger, better Oracle 751 next time.

I love these! Wish I could do this myself but have nothing to do vinyl.

If you decorated your magic bands with vinyl covering Mickey's head on top of band, did you have any issues with band scanning throughout the park? Thanks for your help

Do you need to cover the vinyl with clear nail polish or will it stay on by itself?

I did not cover, or seal the vinyl. The green lines on the hitchhiking ghosts did not fare well. I'm not sure if it's because the lines were too thin, or if it's because it was layered on the shiny black vinyl . . . or maybe a combination of both? I did find that small, sharp corners started lifting.

Has any body ever used ModPodge to seal regular stickers on the magic band? Will this work or should I stick with temporary tattoos? Also has anybody every used Acrylic Paint and Spray Sealer instead of nail polish? All of these MB are just gorgeous, such creativity!

I have used clear nail polish to secure Patriots stickers onto my husband's band and they have stayed on well. Some under the sticker and some over it.

I am helping organize/plan a trip for 16 people. I am doing all their FP's, dining and decorating their MB's for a small fee. I had one of the ladies gather all the kid's fav characters so I could order decals for their MB's. Mushu is on the list and I cannot find anything out there for Mushu. Help!! Anyone have any ideas of where I might find a decal or a way to decorate? Most of the people in this group have never been to Disney so I was expecting more common fav characters. Mushu and another child said Mowgli, though I think he will not be as hard...maybe?? I hope so...

I am helping organize/plan a trip for 16 people. I am doing all their FP's, dining and decorating their MB's for a small fee. I had one of the ladies gather all the kid's fav characters so I could order decals for their MB's. Mushu is on the list and I cannot find anything out there for Mushu. Help!! Anyone have any ideas of where I might find a decal or a way to decorate? Most of the people in this group have never been to Disney so I was expecting more common fav characters. Mushu and another child said Mowgli, though I think he will not be as hard...maybe?? I hope so...

I've used water slide paper for a difficult character before. It's thicker but worked ok. Or I've seen temporary tattoo paper you could print on and transfer from.

I've used water slide paper for a difficult character before. It's thicker but worked ok. Or I've seen temporary tattoo paper you could print on and transfer from.

I am so not crafty :o Is there a tutorial for doing something like this? Thanks!

Has any body ever used ModPodge to seal regular stickers on the magic band? Will this work or should I stick with temporary tattoos? Also has anybody every used Acrylic Paint and Spray Sealer instead of nail polish? All of these MB are just gorgeous, such creativity!

Do a search for ModPodge- I remember people mentioning using it before so you should find some results. I've used Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic coating spray over true acrylic paint and over leather specific paint and both worked well. I just used a light two coats. The leather paint definitely held up better. None of the chips or cracks were due to the sealer in my opinion- I think they were due to me using thicker layers of paint. I need more practice!

There are some truly beautifully decorated bands on here! I thought I'd add some of the bands my 9-year-old daughter and I have made. We usually just find some nail polish we like and use that. On most of the Mickey heads we use a glow-in-the-dark nail polish. Our skill level isn't that high but we love making our magic bands sparkle!

Some of these have been used for over a year now (we're local) and you can see cracks where it bends but it doesn't bother us.

IMG_6749 (2).JPG
Nail Polish

IMG_6750.JPG
Nail polish and acrylic paint.

IMG_6702.JPG
Acrylic paint.
We hide rocks around town and thought I'd try Chewie on my daughter's magic band since he is her favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6750.JPG
    IMG_6750.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter