Has anyone else bought the limited edition Magic Bands ...

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
23172734_10214036176235503_7932058315083817558_n.jpg figmentmb.jpg that come in a box? They all say 1 in 5000.

I've been using the generic ones they send you every trip to the point where I have multiples of each color.

Found 2 Pandora ones at Animal Kingdom both said "1 in 5000" and wound up getting one for my son.
One was teal and yellow the other one was Grey with all the signs from Pandora.

I eventually decided I was going to get my own Magic Band since the rest of the family all had custom ones.

Magic Kingdom only had an Avengers one but didnt really care for it,

Finally when I got to EPCOT I found the perfect one. EPCOT 35th Anniversary in white with FIGMENT on it.
Since the boxed one are only 10 more dollars then the other Magic Bands I figured Id go all out so to speak.

Has anyone else found any unique finds in the boxed ones. I heard there is a Toy Story 4 one rhat is due to come out soon.

I have a couple of the Dooney and Bourke limited edition bands. They're from the original band series, rather than the Magic Band 2.0. They were around $50-60 each. I don't really understand what the question is here though. What do you want to know?

I have a couple of the Dooney and Bourke limited edition bands. They're from the original band series, rather than the Magic Band 2.0. They were around $50-60 each. I don't really understand what the question is here though. What do you want to know?

Just questioning who else has purchased the boxed limited edition ones and if they're were any interesting ones. I understand some of them can make unique lighting / sound effects etc at the touch points around the parks.

The "limited edition" bands, specifically, are supposed to produce a special effect at certain touch points. As to whether or not it works on a given day is another issue.

We have collected several of them...many we haven’t yet used. Here’s a couple of our favorites...

Epcot Orange 35th LE 3500 - Epcot readers light up red/orange/white (fire) with Jim Cummings saying, “reflections of earth,” and blowing out the lights.

Dooney & Bourke Disney Dogs LE 3000 - MK readers light up pink/white and barks.

https://youtu.be/0CMybO_SZIM

I have several
A valentine Mickey and Minnie that makes kissing sounds, turns pink
A special Food and Wine that was issued when they still offered the VIP packages. It make (made) glasses clinking sounds, turns blue
MK 45th Train makes a train sound, forget what the lights do
MK 45th Small World plays Small World, rainbow lights

I was able to score 2, Limited Edition Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary, limited to 2000, which we are going to use this Aug.....
animal-kingdom-20th-anniversary-collection-16x9-1.jpg

I have the Halloween band from last year. It lights up purple (I think) and makes a creaking door sound. The thing I like most about it is that it glows in the dark which is pretty fun to see on dark rides

I just bought the Mickey Balloon edition band. How do I activate it? Do I need to unscrew the center “puck” or can I just have the front desk activate it for me? I leave for Disney next week! I will take the band I already received for the first night anyway.

I just bought the Mickey Balloon edition band. How do I activate it? Do I need to unscrew the center “puck” or can I just have the front desk activate it for me? I leave for Disney next week! I will take the band I already received for the first night anyway.
If you go into the magic bands section in the my Disney experience there will be a place to link them towards the bottom. It will ask to put in the number/letter combination on the back of the puck. I believe once you set it the band can’t be transferred so just make sure you set it to the right person if you manage other people accounts also.

I have i lava you- when you scan it at the entrance (if the sound is on) you hear the crack from when the volcano blast through above the ocean.

I also have wreck it Ralph, the limited ed one from Ralph breaks the internet. When that one gets scanned in rainbow lights show and there’s a race car sound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!