Has anyone ever done a marathon hike?

Novatrix

Dreamfinder-in-Training
Kind of what it says in the title, has anyone on the boards ever done a marathon distance hike?

If so, how much hiking specific training did you complete beforehand?

I just completed my last running race until November last weekend and am debating signing up for a marathon distance next month. I am trying to figure out how feasible it would be to train in that little time.

Kind of what it says in the title, has anyone on the boards ever done a marathon distance hike?

If so, how much hiking specific training did you complete beforehand?

I just completed my last running race until November last weekend and am debating signing up for a marathon distance next month. I am trying to figure out how feasible it would be to train in that little time.

DH did a 20 mile hike, closest to marathon distance here. He hiked down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up (10 miles each way). He trained a lot for that, but then at 68 yo, you'd better train to do something like that. He trained almost as much as he did for the Dopey, which was 2 years ago.

Bataan Memorial Death March is a 26.2 mile hike/run/ruck. You can go light and not carry any weight or heavy and carry at least 35lbs. Beware, there is a 7 mile long incline (long *as hill).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!