Has anyone ever heard of FootGolf? And did you know you could play at Disney?

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
OK - so Pete and I have been at a Disney Travel Agency Owners meeting this week and the first day they had a 'trade show'. There was a booth for the golf courses - we were going to just pass by since we know about the Golf Courses and don't play so saw no need to stop.

The person running the booth asked us if we heard of FootGolf - I hadn't and this is what I learned....

Rules similar to regular golf but you kick a soccer ball into a 21" diameter cup. It's available at Disney's Oak Trail Course after 1PM and is played alongside the regular golf course but with shorter distance between holes. There are other rules that I didn't really pay attention to because I doubt I will do it.

Has anyone heard of this? Do you play? Would you play at Disney?

Also from what I recall he said that it will eventually be a Magical Extra on a package.

Last edited:
@WebmasterJohn - I only recently heard of it (from another local vlogger, won't mention here), and I would not personally play, due to mobility issues. But they had a lot of fun, and it looked like it could be fun, especially if you're looking for something different to do, or to let kids blow off some steam/energy.. They did say, however, you have to watch out for flying "regular balls" from the golf course, since this is right in the middle. This strikes me as "strangely cool" ans when I was introduced to "frisbee, or disc golf" in Michigan years ago. :)

Last edited:
I have heard of it and I did know you can play at Disney - though in both cases mostly due to the News and Rumors board (h/t to @rteetz

I did read one report of someone who played and enjoyed it - but it seemed far to active for the likes of me (especially in the Florida heat - I played golf at Disney once and the heat just killed me)

I have heard of it and I did know you can play at Disney - though in both cases mostly due to the News and Rumors board (h/t to @rteetz

I did read one report of someone who played and enjoyed it - but it seemed far to active for the likes of me (especially in the Florida heat - I played golf at Disney once and the heat just killed me)
Yep, I have seen several blogs of it now. I myself am not fond of soccer myself so I probably wouldn't do this unless I am with several others who want to.

Is there a green/toe fee at Disney's Oak Trail Course for this activity? What if you're a Disney Platinum Plus member....are you still going to get free admission?

It's very big here with the soccer set. Not something I would personally do at Disney, but my boys would love it! It's right in line with the campfires and Disney movies that my kids always seemed to want to do when we were at Disney, and Brian and I would roll our eyes and bemoan the fact that we drove 16 hours for them to do something we do all the time at home. Eventually, we learned to appreciate that having some down time like that made the park days much easier!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!