• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever stayed at the..

Stayed at the Candy Cane Inn twice - loved it both times and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Great breakfast - great shuttle. Walking distance to parks was shorts, quiet at night. Very Clean!!! Have fun!

I have stayed at both. Both are good though I like the Candy Cane better.
Anabella is much bigger and has a nice look to it. There is loads of tropical landscaping and two pools. The room decor is nice (on par) with the Candy Cane and the bathrooms are decorated better than the Candy Cane. The Anabella has many different room configurations as it was once three older, seperate motels that were extensively remodeled. It is a farther walk to the parks.
The Candy Cane has beautiful grounds, though not extensive. This is also an older motel that was extensively remodeled. It has a pretty, though somewhat small pool area. The rooms are very pretty and comfortable. There is a nice free breakfast and pleasent sitting area. It is a closer walk to the parks.
In general the reviews of Candy Cane are better than the Anabella. I think the Candy cane is a bit better.

I loved the Anabella. I don't remember what building we were in, but I loved sitting out on our little patio in the mornings and evenings.

Haven't stayed at the Candy Cane, but have heard only great things about it.

I did stay at the Anabella, and while I like the rooms and the grounds, it is just too far away for my taste. I prefer to be on Harbor Bl. The Anabella is on the ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation system) but we chose to walk rather than rely on someone else's schedule. We tried walking down towards Downtown Disney, through the Grand Californian, then into the parks. And we also tried walking towards the convention center, into the back DL parking lot, catching the tram to the front. Each walk was very long and neither was better than the other.

Also, I prefer a hotel that has a breakfast, even if it is a very limited continental breakfast, it still helps start out the day. The Anabella does not have any breakfast, although they do have a restaurant on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter