Has anyone from uk used garden grocer for deliveries day of arrival

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone esp fromuk has used the online supermarket garden grocer to get provisions for their DVC stay? How was it, what was your experience like? Thought it would be good to have something in on arrival day,. Also wondered if you need to do anything for alcohol deliveries? Thank you in advance

Haven't used them before but I have registered with there site and have started my shopping list for up trip in the next few weeks, it is all very easy, hope it works!

Thanks please let us know how it goes.
When you registered with them did you put your home uk address in out of interest ?
Thanks

We used them last year for a delivery to the Beach Club. The order was waiting for us when we arrived. All the cold items had gone into the resort's cold storage. We ordered beer and had to send them a copy of a passport as proof of age by email. It could not have been easier. I highly recommend! :thumbsup2

Used them twice, cannot recommend them highly enough, they forgot an item and had it delivered without quibble the next day even though it was only a tube of Pringles. Water at $7.99 for 32 x 16oz bottles is a no brainer. They shop at Publix and the Blueberry muffins are to die for.

same here - used them 6 times and amazing each time. Have only once had an issue and realised that we were missing some lays chips from order. Decided not worth the hassle to phone them as they were only a couple of dollars. Then about half an hour later we received a call to say they had forgotten to deliver them and were on their way back with them. Couldn't believe it.

Also always had the goods delivered before we arrived and then delivered by bell services to our room with our luggage.

Reckon we usually spend less on all the goods we buy (water, juice, snacks for parks, stuff to bring home) than we would on the water in the parks.

same here - used them 6 times and amazing each time. Have only once had an issue and realised that we were missing some lays chips from order. Decided not worth the hassle to phone them as they were only a couple of dollars. Then about half an hour later we received a call to say they had forgotten to deliver them and were on their way back with them. Couldn't believe it.

Also always had the goods delivered before we arrived and then delivered by bell services to our room with our luggage.

Reckon we usually spend less on all the goods we buy (water, juice, snacks for parks, stuff to bring home) than we would on the water in the parks.

Water at $2.50 at WDW and £2.75 in US, even allowing for a slightly smaller sized bottle which costs 30 cents each, it's no wonder you see bell services with the multi packs of bottle waters along with luggage for new arrivals. My only concern is that Disney will notice a drop in water and snack sales and stop GG from making deliveries.

We've used them several times when we've not had a car for the first few days and it's always worked great. It's a great saving just for the water. When we stayed at the GF we even had the hotel deliver a toaster so we could have toast for breakfast.

We used them when we went in May. They were fantastic. We stayed at OKW and the groceries were there waiting for us, in cold storage. The front desk had them delivered to our room. It meant that we got a nice early start on the first day taking advantage of the time differences and didn't have too make a Wall Mart trip for at least 4 days.

I have used them couple of times. I thought they were quite expensive compared to UK supermarkets that deliver but the service was good.

I think I have read recently that WalMart are cheaper (I assume they have started doing these deliveries?)

Hello does anyone know if I order my groceries today for my trip end of April will my credit card be charged now or on the date of delivery? (Like asda etc charge the day they deliver here?)

We use them all the time and can't fault them. We order for delivery day and the service is excellent. We order whether we're staying on DVC points or on a cash ressie. As soon as we get to our room we ring bell services and our order is delivered. We also order beer which saves a trip to the liquor store.

They will charge the credit card from time of purchase athough discounts are offered for earlier orders.

I have used them a few times and have never had any trouble - last time we ended up with twice as much water as expected thanks to them picking up a promo pack for us instead of the standard size. We used to take time to go out to Publix but I'd rather pay a bit more and have the time in the parks rather than waste it grocery shopping (and it saves us money in the long run, no wandering the aisles and picking up things we don't really need!!).

I've taken this from the Garden Grocer site - definitely worth ordering early

Take advantage of our special savings by ordering in advance, (15 Days= 5%, 30 Days= 7%, 60 Days= 10%) off your subtotal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!