Has anyone had borrowed pointed returned for a trip that is/was booked in the fall?

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We had a trip in May, all points were returned to the proper years.

But we also have a trip in early Nov (use year Dec) part 2019/part 2020 years. I wrote Disney on June 12 asking if I cancelled, would the borrowed points be returned. I just got an answer today. The answer is no. they say since that trip is not impacted by the closure , I need to use them by Nov 30 or they will expire. The did mention RCI.

I did mention with no fireworks, no hopping etc...but I guess disney feels, just being there is good enough. Of course course it's possible by Nov, it might be back to normal, but the way case numbers are going, I doubt it.

I called MS the other day asking if i switch from pool to standard view will the 30 borrowed points go back into 2020 even though my trip is in august and i was told yes within 2 weeks they would but that could change at any time.

I had a oct trip with borrowed points. I called member services on June 25th and they cancelled it for me saying that the borrowed points would be returned but take a couple of weeks to show up.

Call back as the fall trips seem to be getting different answers

I was told yesterday that my points from an August trip would go back for my Dec UY.

If you have 2019 points they need to be used. If you cancel, your 2020 borrowed points can be unborrowed to 2020. Don't know how long this allowance will exist, so don't delay.

If you have 2019 points they need to be used. If you cancel, your 2020 borrowed points can be unborrowed to 2020. Don't know how long this allowance will exist, so don't delay.

Dec UY has until end of this month to still bank 2019 points.

I cancelled a November trip last week. These were borrowed from March 2021, and the points were returned. Some had been banked and those I do have to use.

I had a oct trip with borrowed points. I called member services on June 25th and they cancelled it for me saying that the borrowed points would be returned but take a couple of weeks to show up.

Update - The borrowed points have now all been returned to their original UY :)

I have to cancel borrowed points for the opening next week. Will they go to holding or do you think i can get a one tine exception due to the rates of covid in Orlando ? 2020 points

I have to cancel borrowed points for the opening next week. Will they go to holding or do you think i can get a one tine exception due to the rates of covid in Orlando ? 2020 points

Holding is currently being waived. You can cancel online without issue.

Yep, cancelled a trip in October two weeks ago and points were returned a couple of days ago.

I canceled a December trip on July 3rd that used a heavy amount of borrowed points. She told me they would all go back to original use year. (I didn’t ask for that, but was very relieved that she offered it!) As of today they are still in 2020, but I am hoping it will happen in the next week or so.

I canceled a December trip on July 3rd that used a heavy amount of borrowed points. She told me they would all go back to original use year. (I didn’t ask for that, but was very relieved that she offered it!) As of today they are still in 2020, but I am hoping it will happen in the next week or so.
Did your points get returned to 2021 yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter