Has anyone just ever wanted to go to sleep and wake up after Christmas

dislal

DIS Veteran
I just can't seem to get out of the funk I'm in, I've had a series of bad things happen in my life this past year, while I do still have a lot to be thankful for.......

Edit to add
Thank you everyone for your responses I just wonder if maybe I am in a depression? Makes me feel better to write it all out and see that I still have a lot to be thankful for this year
In January two of my moms sisters died one I was very close to as a child and the other one came to my house every holiday so Im missing her greatly this year
In February my oldest daughter had a miscarriage at 5 months would’ve been our first grandchild
Shortly after that I found out a good friend had pancreatic cancer she was given 6 months to live she is still alive so that’s good
My baby boy graduated from high school and is living away at college very happy for him but is last kid at home so have huge empty nest syndrome
My husband had knee replacement surgery in June he is doing good and is back to work
Beginning of November we found out my brother had a brain tumor they removed it two days before Thanksgiving he has had a few bumps in the road but is recovering
And this year we have been dealing with my husbands dad and step mom she left him and he has Alzheimer’s with something they called sundowners we had to make the decision to put him in a home and that weighs very heavy on me

Last edited:
Yes. I love Christmas music and love Christmas decorations but the rest is just too much. I am exhausted and can't stand the stress of gift giving/receiving. I could live without the stress of family relationships. Just let me go to bed and wake me up in 21 days.

You know the phrase "Everything was going great until his luck ran out?" I figure if you can run out of good luck, it's gotta work the same for bad luck. Your "luck" may toggle over to the good side any moment now. Go get a big mug o' joe and go pick up some Toys for Tots or donate some canned goods to a food drive. Doesn't have to be anything elaborate, and you'll start feeling better. And try to watch a funny Christmas movie.:santa:

Most years out of the last decade I just didn’t want to be involved at all. I think this one is going to be ok, or a hell of a lot better. Lots of people dislike the holidays, it’s fine. They’ll be over soon enough. Keep your chin up.

As someone who doesn't celebrate, it's gets old really quickly. Even the dance classes I normally attend use Christmas music for a month, so I'll go back after the new year.

I just can't seem to get out of the funk I'm in, I've had a series of bad things happen in my life this past year, while I do still have a lot to be thankful for.......
Yes, quite a few times actually. I always tell my husband that I wish we could go on vacation somewhere far away for the month of December. We'll be back after the madness is over with. I loved Christmas when I was a kid but I'm so over it now. It's just become too much for me to handle. Bah humbug!

As the song says "If you're worried and you can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings". I've had my share of not so great years, but I always tell myself how much better off I am than others. If you're really down, go volunteer helping the less fortunate. I promise it will make you feel better!

No!! I have young grand kids, wouldn't miss them experiencing our kind of Christmas for anything!
Then it can be over so I don't have to do the cleanup

Nope. Besides hating the cold, I love Christmas. I wouldn't want the season to be any longer, because then it wouldn't be special, but one month is just right. I make the most of every day during the season. I'm working from home today and am set up in my family room. I'll stare and stare at all of our decorations, I love it. I love the lights, the spirit, even the ads on TV. I'm not religious whatsoever, so for me it's 100% commercial and just about the fun of the season.

I have really pared down xmas. We have a fresh tree every year and put up some decorations in our family room, but that is it. Now that the kids are getting there are not as many wrapped gifts. Lots of small stuff and gift cards. I am always ready to get the tree out tot he curb the day after xmas.

We are traveling this year over the holidays - it was a last minute decision and it'll be fun. Kids are older, and neither lives at home now. But neither is married or has kids...it's finally time to come & go as we want :) We will see one kid the week before, and one kid the week after (which was already the plan).

No. While I got everything done before Christmas with no problem, the last couple of years I wasn't mentally ready for the Christmas season until about January 15th. If I slept until after Christmas it would be February 15th before I was mentally ready for Christmas!

yes, I would love to just finish up work for the holidays and just disappear for 10 days and not have to deal with people

Ha! That's pretty much my plan. My last day physically in the office is Dec 20th. Working from home Dec 21st, then I'm off until Jan 2nd. I plan to pretty much hang out at home with the family, relax, sleep, eat and deal with nobody. Bliss.

I understand 100%. It has not been a good year for me either and I am NOT looking forward to Christmas at all. I am also in a very bad depression and am starting counseling but I am still working through it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!