Has anyone made White Meat Marinade from Ohana's???

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
DH brought home another 3 lb bag of boneless chicken yesterday - last week he brought me 5 bags of it! (This was some sale, she said despairingly . . . ) Anyway, I decided to make the marinade since the chicken was fresh & it has to sit 2 - 3 days before cooking. Smells wonderful. . . but here's the problem. The marinade recipe doesn't tell you how to cook it.

If you've made it, have you grilled it, thrown it in the crock pot . . . what?

If you haven't made it, do you remember how it was cooked at Ohana's? I'm assuming it was done over the flames, or maybe on the rotisserie?

TIA

I would assume that at O'Hana's they grill it. You could grill or rotisserie it. You could probably bake it too. Let us know how it turns out. :D

We just finished dinner & the chicken with White Meat Marinade from Ohana's was a hit! DH grilled it for me. I was afraid that it wouldn't all fit on the grill, since the bag was so large - it was closer to 4 1/2 lbs than the original 3 I thought! The only thing was that DH hates to brush extra marinade on when he's grilling - so we didn't do that part of the recipe. It only marinated for 48 hours - not the maximum 72 given in the recipe. But it was really quite tasty. I'm just not sure how often I'd go to the extra effort of starting this a couple of days ahead.

I got some Boboli pizza crusts the other day. I think we'll use some of this chicken on Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza tomorrow or Tues for lunch. Mmmm

I think I originally got the recipe from Margie J's site. I think I've now copied everything she has on it!!!
;)
Here's the URL in case you want to look up any others.
http://www.homestead.com/disneyrecipes/index4.html

White Meat Marinade
from 'Ohana, Polynesian

2 tbl. garlic, minced
¼ cup malt vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
3 dashes tabasco
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. cracked black pepper
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 cup olive oil

Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a food processor. Slowly add the oil to the food processor to form an emulsion. Reserve half of the marinade for later use. Marinate the meat for two to three days in the refrigerator. Strain the reserved marinade and use to baste the meat during the cooking process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter