Has anyone out there been able to book Moonlight Magic NOT staying on your points?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We are staying on another members points at the poly (we have been DVC members for 5 years but ran out of points) for our upcoming September stay. We would like to go to MM at DHS but am worried about being "allowed" to book due to us not staying on our points. I am hoping to sign us up from MY own member account through the member link (or hoping someone posts a live link once it goes up) instead of having to have her check her email and do all the work for me. ANy thoughts? experiences? I was just hoping there were members out there who have went this year or are going to EP one NOT staying on points that has been able to register! (even though i AM staying on points but not MY points)

You may be able to register by calling MS. (IIRC, some members who were staying at a non-DVC WDW resort have had to do that for past events). I do not think the system is sophisticated enough to take your registration if there is not a reservation associated with your own membership.

At a minimum, you would be able to register during the second period - when any member who isn't staying on site can register. Of course, we don't know the capacity, so it's possible that only a few or no spots will be left for that group of members.

Good luck!

You should be/are eligible for the onsite guest registration, but I would call MS at 8:58 and get in the queue. We attempted to register for July at Epcot online and were unsuccessful because we were not staying on points from our eligible membership, rather our resale one. The online system kicked us out because it could not find a corresponding reservation under the eligible membership number - dumb system, and precluded many folks on cash stays from registering too. I think you would face the same issue as your res is on someone else’s membership. A CM can verify your onsite status and make the registration, but only once the sign up window is open hence the admonition to be in the queue. We tried for several minutes to book online and then called and by 9:40 when we got through it was full. We did not attempt to register during the offsite registration, which as suggested could be your back up plan. Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter