Has anyone recently seen the castle?

btsmom

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disneyland this weekend/next week and I read the castle was under construction. Does this mean it is mostly covered so it isn't visible? Or is there just scaffolding around? Or what can we expect? I *think* it was said to re-open soon, but the date was after our trip would end. Thanks for your input!

It's currently covered in a scrim (a tarp, so to speak) with a printed photo of the castle on the front, and a neat little surprise on the back facing Fantasyland. It is expected to come down on May 28.

Still covered up but you can see some of the new paint on the rock work of some small uncovered areas. Very pretty colors!

More of the scaffolding and scrim are coming down. It looks beautiful. If everything is down by Memorial Day weekend I might cry when I see it... (I know the walk through is listed as refurb until 5/28 but I'd bet the scrims will all be down before Memorial Day weekend even if the interior Sleeping Beauty walk through part isn't open yet).

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/photos-ev...d-pixie-dust-elements-added-to-castle-facade/

Agree with all of the previous posters. I take pics every weekend at the park but the most recent I could find of the castle is from February. Generally, though, I think it gives you a good idea of what it looks like now.
IMG_8470.JPG

Agree with all of the previous posters. I take pics every weekend at the park but the most recent I could find of the castle is from February. Generally, though, I think it gives you a good idea of what it looks like now.

The top two tiers of scrim are now down- see photos in the link above. They're not my pics so I don't want to repost them.

Up until about a month ago, rope-droppers had to take the long way around the outside of FL (by the Matterhorn trail that takes guests by Alice in Wonderland) to get to that part of the park. It's better now with the side paths open but I look forward to the day when the castle reopens (May 27, I've been told by CMs) for several reasons.

We saw it a month ago for our one and only trip to Disneyland. It was so disappointing to not see the castle. I knew it would be covered, but standing there on Main Street, it was such a letdown looking up at a tarp, and knowing that most likely we will never see the castle in person.

Not sure I'm liking the loud blue and "pixie dust" either. I'll wait until I see it in person I suppose...

*ETA: I just saw a pic on Instagram with the scaffolding down and I'm changing my mind. I really like it. Looks very regal.

Last edited:
I love the bright blue roof and pixiedust.

The other colors....... not so sure. Borderline tacky.

I’m reserving judgement till I see it for myself in November (it might be covered in snow for X-Mas theme anyways when I get there so we’ll see).

Paint is easily changed. If the long term consensus is that it looks gaudy, I’m sure it will get changed in some way by next year. I think it will be alright though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!