Has anyone recently seen the castle?

I’m reserving judgement till I see it for myself in November (it might be covered in snow for X-Mas theme anyways when I get there so we’ll see).

Paint is easily changed. If the long term consensus is that it looks gaudy, I’m sure it will get changed in some way by next year. I think it will be alright though.
It’s also likely to fade slightly over time in the bright California sun.

I actually really like it, but I didn’t have any conceptions of what it “should” look like because I’ve never seen the castle before. I think the bright blue is cheerful and inviting though.

Even though the official open date is May 28, what is the chance it will be unveiled a couple days early for Memorial Day weekend?

I actually really like it, but I didn’t have any conceptions of what it “should” look like because I’ve never seen the castle before. I think the bright blue is cheerful and inviting though.

I really like it too. I appreciate the brightness.

Even though the official open date is May 28, what is the chance it will be unveiled a couple days early for Memorial Day weekend?

I'm hoping chances are pretty good, especially since a good portion of the scaffolding is already down in the front. Perhaps the pass through won't be available yet (and I know the interior Sleeping Beauty walk through won't be) but if we can at least see the whole castle I'll be happy :)

It's currently covered in a scrim (a tarp, so to speak) with a printed photo of the castle on the front, and a neat little surprise on the back facing Fantasyland. It is expected to come down on May 28.

This is so good to hear. I was afraid that I wasn’t going to be able to see it, but we are visiting June 8 and 9.

Years ago Cinderella’s castle a WDW was painted to look like a pink cake. I thought it was hideous.

As mentioned, all scrims are down from the main front section of the castle now. Looks like there still a fair amount of scrim/scaffolding on the back and there's still a wall at the edge of the hub blocking entry. I really like the pictures I'm seeing on social media! I think the more dramatic colors will also help give the castle more visual weight, especially from the town square end of main street when you first start to see it.

I actually really like the blue roof!
And the pink color should fade with the sun as a pp said...

Last edited:
Well now that I’m seeing the diamond shapes and zigzag patterns, the stars don’t feel as out of place, gives it a sense of cohesion. Hmm even more undecided than before. Maybe it is growing on me.

I like what I'm seeing so far. It's not what I was expecting and will take some getting used to, but I trust Kim Irvine's decision and judgement. I like that she went bold -- a brave thing to do knowing how much flack she would get from Disney fans. (And aren't we always a pretty vocal bunch when it comes to making our opinions known?!) And I'm very interested to see how the colors work in the changing Southern CA sunlight. Our natural light can be pretty dramatic, so it should be fun to photograph the castle as the light changes with the seasons.

When we could only see snippets of the castle behind the scrim I wasn’t so sure. Now that most of it has been revealed I can say for sure that I love it! It is gorgeous!

I wasn't too sure about it when we only could see part of it, but now with more unveiled I really like it. I do think there is a magical quality in the bright colors that I can't wait to see in person.

I believe the fence is completely down and you can walk through the castle as of today
Wow! Does anyone have pics? Is @WonkaKid going tomorrow?

Actually, I googled it. I know it's different for the regulars, but as a "never-been", I think it's stunning! I'd still be interested if someone (WonkaKid? :scratchin) who has pictures of the castle from Main Street would be able to show the "before" and "after". I have a theory that the brighter colors are really going to pop from the entrance to Main Street.

Just saw photos, and I love it. Reminds me of how it looked the first time I saw it - in 1961. And it’s certainly nothing like the WDW MK 25th birthday cake castle - THAT was an eyesore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!