Has anyone recently seen the castle?

I believe the fence is completely down and you can walk through the castle as of today
FYI as of Saturday afternoon, the scrims are down, but the fence around the castle is still up.

I thought it looked good in the pics I’ve seen, but I actually think it looks way better in person. Really amazing. I don’t think any photos I’ve seen have really done it justice. So for any doubters, reserve judgment until you see it in person!

Agreed. I have a picture of it somewhere.

I googled it out of curiosity, and that is certainly a weird looking Disney castle! From what I've seen in photos, the refurbed castle looks beautiful, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person :)

FYI as of Saturday afternoon, the scrims are down, but the fence around the castle is still up.

I thought it looked good in the pics I’ve seen, but I actually think it looks way better in person. Really amazing. I don’t think any photos I’ve seen have really done it justice. So for any doubters, reserve judgment until you see it in person!

Was just there and can confirm the wall is still up. No way to even see the whole thing yet.

So, my opinion hasn't changed. The stars are super tacky and in addition, I find the roof way too "in your face blue" overall. It's almost too much to look at with the combination of the bold color and the ridiculous stars and other patterns on it.

However, I did find the pink/purple color scheme to be pleasing to look at and the stone walls look AMAZING!

People keep saying the roof will fade, but I don't know about that. Blue/purple fades the least in the sun. I preferred the lighter blue roof from the past.

Just saw photos, and I love it. Reminds me of how it looked the first time I saw it - in 1961. And it’s certainly nothing like the WDW MK 25th birthday cake castle - THAT was an eyesore.
I just googled the birthday cake castle, and all I can say is :eek:

I'm really liking what they've done with the castle. Only downside right now is that for fireworks, MMM was mapped with the scrims up not down so there aren't any projections on the castle during fireworks at the moment.

I love it. I was fully prepared for the opposite reaction when I first saw samples of the colors but I think it turned out well. I love the stars and other roof details!

A buddy of mine went to the parks today and he said that the tarp is down and the castle is open.

... And it’s certainly nothing like the WDW MK 25th birthday cake castle - THAT was an eyesore.

I googled it out of curiosity, and that is certainly a weird looking Disney castle!..

I just googled the birthday cake castle, and all I can say is :eek:

Yeah, that's the one we refer to as "Vanellope Von Schweetz and Gang Hacked the Castle" -- bleh! (File under "What were they thinking??!")

Reactions: EmJ
Anyone know which paths are still blocked?
I don’t do rope drop (so it might be different in the wee hours of the morning when I’m dead asleep lol) but this weekend throughout the day both side paths were open, the only path that was closed was the main one directly through the center of the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!