Has anyone sailed on Adventure OTS?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

We are now less than 12 weeks away from our next cruise. We are sailing on the Adventure OTS, and stopping to GC, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

The only RCCL ship we have sailed on is the Mariner of the Seas. I was wondering if anyone had sailed on the Adventure OTS? I would love to read your comments/recommendations about it.

Also, while we're at it... Our reservations of a cabana at Royal Palms and our reservations Mr Sanchos are already made. Now, for Costa Maya, since we're having two beach days already, we decided to do something different in between, so we've bought the Port Pass for Costa Maya. If anyone has reviews or recommendations for the port, I would appreciate it too.

p.s.: Regarding any recommendations, take note that none of us eat sea food and that we are travelling with seniors with mobility issues.

Thanks in advance!

We did a Southern Caribbean itinerary when she ported in San Juan. Absolutely loved the ship. We really enjoyed the Solarium and the Royal Promenade. The only negative we experienced was that the balcony dividers cannot be opened on them like on the Freedom class ships. We were traveling with a large group of family and have enjoyed being able to have multiple balconies open.

We've done two cruises on Adventure: in 2018 a 7 nighter from NJ to Port Canaveral/Nassau/CocoCay and in 2019, also from NJ, a 6 nighter to Maine/Canada. We definitely enjoyed both cruises and would certainly not hesitate to cruise on her again if the opportunity arises...

We did a Southern Caribbean itinerary when she ported in San Juan. Absolutely loved the ship. We really enjoyed the Solarium and the Royal Promenade. The only negative we experienced was that the balcony dividers cannot be opened on them like on the Freedom class ships. We were traveling with a large group of family and have enjoyed being able to have multiple balconies open.

Ok. We are supposed to have port holes cabins so this won't be a problem.

We've done two cruises on Adventure: in 2018 a 7 nighter from NJ to Port Canaveral/Nassau/CocoCay and in 2019, also from NJ, a 6 nighter to Maine/Canada. We definitely enjoyed both cruises and would certainly not hesitate to cruise on her again if the opportunity arises...

Good to know! How are the cabins? Were they refurbished recently or not? I only see pictures of "old look" cabins.

Good to know! How are the cabins? Were they refurbished recently or not? I only see pictures of "old look" cabins.

On both cruises, we had balcony cabins..deck 8, then deck 9. I don't know what the pre vs. post refurbished cabins differences are, but I would guess they had been refurbed as they seemed to be in good shape...good bed, carpet, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!