Has anyone seen a room pop up?

Birdie dog

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen a room pop up for the Hawaii cruises yet? I booked on Platinum day but our cruise was sold out before I got home from work for Gold. My BFFs are hoping to join us. I've been watching and even checking in the middle of the night to see if any holds opened up, but nothing yet. Anyone?

Has anyone seen a room pop up for the Hawaii cruises yet? I booked on Platinum day but our cruise was sold out before I got home from work for Gold. My BFFs are hoping to join us. I've been watching and even checking in the middle of the night to see if any holds opened up, but nothing yet. Anyone?
I would suggest booking a guarantee room, if no specific rooms are available. That way you're locked into the prices at the time you make the reservation. Then keep an eye out to see if actual room show up. You can always cancel the reservation prior to the PIF date, if you don't want to take a chance on what room is assigned.

Just for fun I’ve been checking every day during the day as I have nothing better to do, LOL. I have yet to see anything. We are happy with our 9C but if I happen to see a 9B I’ll modify that guarantees midship on deck 2 But it’s not a must for us. The May 6 one is the hardest one to get. The Vancouver to Honolulu seems to open up more. Which is funny because on the cancelled il cruises the westbound Was more popular. But I think the fact the return selling stopped at Hilo makes a difference

Last edited:

We booked on Gold day but I have been checking for a room (GTY most likely) since as our DD has said she would like to join us - haven't seen anything so far.

I've bookmarked the search and look once or twice a day. I have seen nothing pop up yet.

Anything that pops will be GTY. You won't see a real room.
They'll take anything. But there's been nothing available. I work in the ER and always book their trips. I had a 12 hour day when gold opened up and due to (I'm guessing) high site traffic and our terrible old computers, I couldn't book. By the time I got home, everything, including GTY was gone.

Just for fun I’ve been checking every day during the day as I have nothing better to do, LOL. I have yet to see anything. We are happy with our 9C but if I happen to see a 9B I’ll modify that guarantees midship on deck 2 But it’s not a must for us. The May 6 one is the hardest one to get. The Vancouver to Honolulu seems to open up more. Which is funny because on the cancelled il cruises the westbound Was more popular. But I think the fact the return selling stopped at Hilo makes a difference
I think I'm in 2622? I'm platinum and this is my first second deck cruise.

This may not be what you want to hear but I was told days ago that all Hawaiian cruises sold out I believe she said day one. I was referencing a double dip cruise to find out particulars before my time ran out (this was silver day I believe - I’m gold) when advised that info. Perhaps someone will cancel before then so you may have to turn into a stalker......

Last edited:
I am silver and got a gty 9C at 8:01. They started changing the website about 5 before. Was able to grab inventory at 1 after. I got lucky. I would’ve been devastated if we didn’t get a room that day as we were on the canceled ship and we’re so excited

They will open up - just not yet. Other than sporadic cancellations here and there.

First instance will be when the summer 2022 itineraries are released. A bunch will jump ship.

And then it will be a reasonable pop every now and then with the greatest numbers showing around or immediately after the PIF date.

Relax for now, and chill. 🎧

[/QUOTE
A 5b GTY just popped up under modify staterooms... don’t know if it’s open for a new booking. Good luck!

I have not seen new rooms to book, just modifying stateroom categories have popped up. I'm silver and was able to grab back to back. Vancouver to Hawaii I started with a tty 9b. I'm now at a 5a. Hawaii to Vancouver I was at a 10 b and now am at 9B. There is hardly movement in that cruise because of Hilo.
I talked with a cast member and before bookings began they were getting flooded with calls on Hawaii. Hawaii sold out and the Hawaii to vancouver sold out first. Then after the hawaii cruises the panama canal was next to being sold out. I went online today and saw panama cruises were available again especially concierge level.

I wonder whether 1 or 2 cancellations in certain categories will even trigger availability on the web site. For example, it seems like a lot of people (myself included) booked category 7A, either a specific room or GTY. There are only 30 of those on the ship. DCL may have intentionally overbooked some categories, banking on the likelihood that people would drop off. The lowest categories in each room type would be prime categories for this. I agree with some of the PPs who've speculated that there won't be much availability until summer 2022 itineraries are released, and even more so around PIF. I think there will be quite a few then.

Also keeping an eye on this and yet to see anything, I'm in the UK and checking whenever I get a minute but nothing. I may take Intr3pid's advice and just chill and wait for now.

Agree I fear there’s gonna be no movement for a while. I don’t know where I had posted before but I had commented that people that have now booked after the opening day/week shifts are just going to sit and wait 2020/21 and Covid out. Pay in full is December 2021. And seeing what we are paying for the cruise, I assume most people can afford to have their deposits locked up for the next year before they make final decisions.

can someone answer this question? Since the cruise is officially sold out, is it so that we should not expect any more price increases? From my understanding the prices go up as the ship fills. Well it’s full now LOL. So I can’t see a price now being that much less than one in the year???

Definitely check the week that final payment is due for that cruise. People will probably be dropping like flies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!