• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone stayed at the BCV in January?

Cam2Mike

Mouseketeer
Thinking about a long weekend in January. How is the water in the pool? Is it warm enough that the kids can enjoy for a few hours or just a quick dip? Also considering OKW.

I haven't stayed at BCV in January, but I have been to WDW and I've never had a sunshiny day when I wanted to spend the day at the pool. The best we've done is one year, '02, we spend a few hours in the evening, the warm water kept us in the water and not in/out.

Bobbi

We've also been several times in January although only one trip was at BCV and only a couple nights there tacked on to the end of a trip. Another time we tacked a night or two on at BC years ago.

Anyway, the water is well heated so for diehards from the North, you can swim even if you never want to lift more than your head out of the water.

But there are also days when it is warm enough for shorts. No way to predict which kind of weather you'll hit. But most likely, it will be cold at night regardless. We take a wide variety of clothes when we go that time of year.

Cam2Mike said:
Thinking about a long weekend in January. How is the water in the pool? Is it warm enough that the kids can enjoy for a few hours or just a quick dip? Also considering OKW.

The water is heated in the pools so don't worry about the kids. Last year we got lucky and had about 10 days in the 80's. It usually is a lot colder but you can go swimming.

We usually stay at BCV's in January and have been in that swimming pool even when it was cold outside! It is very warm and fun to be in even if it's cool outside. Have fun!

Glad to hear this about Jan. and the pool. We will be there for a long weekend the 1st week for the marathon and DH really wants to give the pool a try. This will be our first trip staying at BCV.

TammyNC said:
Glad to hear this about Jan. and the pool. We will be there for a long weekend the 1st week for the marathon and DH really wants to give the pool a try. This will be our first trip staying at BCV.

Tammy- we did the half last year and when it was finally over, I went into SAB and it was WONDERFUL!!! It was sooooooo relieveing to my poor leg muscles. Be sure you go into the part of the pool that is like a lazy river. I stayed in there the whole time I was at the pool. Just getting your weight off your legs and feet is the best! Good luck at the marathon!

We stayed at BCV one January and it was so cold that we needed coats, hats and gloves. However, there were a couple of brave souls in the pool. We also stayed in January at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was warm enough that we wore shorts during the day and went swimming in the pool in the evening. So you never can predict what the weather down there will be in January or February. February is a little more predictable to be warm than January, I think.

Yeah!! I am glad the pool sounds like an option in Jan. We'll be staying there for the first time too the 22nd-27th. I was looking forward to trying Stormalong Bay. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter