Has anyone stayed here?

becks59

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of staying at the Residence Inn in La Mirada. We are considering it because we can get two rooms here for the same amount of points as one room at the Springhill by the convention center. They also have a complimentary shuttle that starts at 6:30am. We have never stayed this far away before. But, we are trying to save money where we can this trip and not having to pay for a second room and being able to use points is a big savings! But, I’m not sure how this place is. Has anyone stayed here and can share their experiences?

Seems like an OK location. Close to places to eat, but not much else without a car.

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Buena Park/North Anaheim. I really liked it. There's a CVS and Target within walking distance. Have you seen what points you might need for that?

We will have a car but like the idea of a shuttle because we won’t have to pay for or dealing with parking.

Look at hotels South of the parks, towards Garden Grove. Sometimes there are good deals to be had there. Also, consider even further south...Santa Ana, Tustin, etc. That will put you in a better spot, traffic wise, than being north.

I would not stay that far away, but if you're really considering it, I would ask more questions about the shuttle. Does it leave at 6:30 everyday? Does it pick up at more than one hotel? Does it run all day, or only in the morning and evening?

I would not stay that far away, but if you're really considering it, I would ask more questions about the shuttle. Does it leave at 6:30 everyday? Does it pick up at more than one hotel? Does it run all day, or only in the morning and evening?

I honestly can't believe that there is an actual shuttle. That seems insane for a hotel so far away. Even most hotels within Anaheim don't operate shuttles.

I'll be staying there in April. I just need a bed I'm coming from San Diego spending the day in Disneyland then heading home to the bay area the next day. I also picked it cause of the points. I don't recall hearing anything about a shuttle - I would call and double check. I plan on paying for parking that day.

You could also try Springhill Maingate on the NW side of the parks, they are usually much cheaper than the Springhill Convention.
Personally I wouldn’t stay that far away. I called a Lyft at 6am one morning over Christmas which came from somewhere south Fullerton, about 1/2 the distance you are proposing. It still took nearly 15 mins to arrive at the Hilton Anaheim.

I wouldn't even get off the freeway to get gas in that area...
Huh? La Mirada is actually a very nice area, just not convenient to Disneyland.
I'll be staying there in April. I just need a bed I'm coming from San Diego spending the day in Disneyland then heading home to the bay area the next day. I also picked it cause of the points. I don't recall hearing anything about a shuttle - I would call and double check. I plan on paying for parking that day.
Honestly, coming from San Diego won't take too much longer than coming from La Mirada if you are going to be traveling anywhere near park opening.

Huh? La Mirada is actually a very nice area, just not convenient to Disneyland.

Honestly, coming from San Diego won't take too much longer than coming from La Mirada if you are going to be traveling anywhere near park opening.

I was referring to the street the hotel is on, specifically.

You do NOT want to stay that far away. Traffic going south on I-5 in the mornings is basically a parking lot. Same deal heading back north in the evenings. That is also not a very nice area. I would say avoid.

It's not that bad. Without traffic it's 10 minutes. I know it was during a holiday period, but when we visited around New Years there was never any heavy traffic in the morning. I certainly wouldn't say it would ever take an hour like another poster said.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Res...cfebfb805!2m2!1d-117.9246216!2d33.8154574!3e0
The area seems to be a lot of businesses and office parks. Maybe a few industrial businesses a block away. There's an In-N-Out and a Chick-Fil-A in walking distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!