Has anyone taken a Trafalgar tour?

Birdie dog

DIS Veteran
We're taking our first in May. If you've done one, I'd love to hear what you thought of it and any tips (especially packing) you want to share.

We're taking our first in May. If you've done one, I'd love to hear what you thought of it and any tips (especially packing) you want to share.
Where are you going? I went on my first and only one October 2017-Autumn Colors(fall foliage of NH, VT, ME). I kind of knew what to expect going in, but I was still disappointed with what we ended up seeing. I went on the trip for my mom and aunt(in their 70s), so I was just along for the ride. It was a big bus with 50 mostly elderly people. It was a lot of restroom stops. There was a bathroom at the back of the bus, but it was strictly for emergencies. Huh? We would stop in a cute New England town, use the restroom, shop and get back on the bus. Repeat with the next town. It guess it depends on where you are going. They do list traveler reviews on Trafalgar.

Went with that company in May 2007 to London, Paris, Lucerne, Florence, and Rome.
It was just ok in my opinion.
It was mostly older couples, laid back coach bus rides, mostly driving by of landmarks with little to no getting out to take pics, and a lot of down time.
So it was nice for the older folks but the wrong type of tour for me, my sister, and my niece.

Compare that to the EF tour I went on in July 2006 where we ran on low sleep and physically went to tons and tons of landmarks. Now THAT was an amazing tour!!!
I have so many memories like being in the Colosseum, standing where Caesar was stabbed, going to the leaning tower of Pisa, seeing David, touring Versailles, going in Notre Dame, standing in front of Moulin Rouge, going in churches and museums in London (cannot recall which ones right now)....

We're going from Munich to Prague, Budapest, and Austria in May. We have 5 in our group going. I'm going in with an open mind and hoping for the best. The reviews I see online are excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter