Has anyone taken an SUV or limo instead of Magical Express?

Tangled Rapunzel

Earning My Ears
This is the first time I've planned a trip solely through Disney's website instead of through a travel agent. The last time I used a travel agent I was not thrilled with the service and not thrilled with the towncar driver they got us. I know Disney has options for limo and SUV pickup from the airport but I've not considered doing this and wondering if it is a good experience and if the driver was safe and comfortable feeling when traveling with a family. We are going mid February.

Disney's Minnie Van service is $150 one-way, not including tip. That's way overpriced, in my view.

If you're looking for a company to get you to/from the airport, consider using Mears Transportation. Mears is the company that runs Disney's Magical Express service. They've been a Disney partner for decades.

http://mearstransportation.com/
(If you book online, use code WEB10 to save 10%.)

I used Mears' shared-ride vans dozens of times when I lived in Orlando. I never had an issue. I would imagine their sedan/SUV service is just as good.

For a comparison rate, I picked a date in February for 4 people going to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. The rate for a sedan $79.20. You can choose a SUV or a luxury van for $95.40. Those rates include the 10% discount but not a tip.

Thank you so much for this information! It is really appreciated! (And I agree, the Minnie van is overpriced). I will definitely try to book these better folks!

Lara

I used Orlando Limo Tours before and got a big SUV to take us before. Their service was great! I think it cost about $60. However, Magical Express is free.

Happy Limos rates are so much higher than the others. Really looking for a limo not a town car. Any other recommendations?

Another vote for FL tours. Great service . And went above and beyond on one of my trips. Will be using them for a 4th time with this Nov trip.

Tony Hinds is often recommended here, and we've used him twice. If you google him, you'll find his web site. His drivers and him drive 12 passenger vans but its a private ride for you and your party. They have car seats available and will allow a grocery stop if needed. They also park right near the baggage claim, so its a quick exit out of the airport once you have your luggage. We have found his pricing to be on par or slightly less than comparable private towncar services around.

IF we use ME - then we use Garden Grocer to get our food delivered, instead of the car service with a 30 minutes food store stop ;)

Transtar Transportation is who Disney club level booked for me for my honeymoon. Last time we just used Magical Express and it worked fine.

IF we use ME - then we use Garden Grocer to get our food delivered, instead of the car service with a 30 minutes food store stop ;)

Garden Grocer is a fine option, but its worth mentioning that the prices are slightly inflated and there is a minimum purchase requirement and a delivery fee. The grocery stop Tony's service offers would take the customer wherever they want so it would be cheaper. I agree that having the items delivered may be easier if they have a lot of things to get, but they would be paying for it.

I have used Tiffany Towncar for many years.
I am considering Tiffany Towncar round trip for our September Disney trip. DH and I are only taking carryon so won’t need to stop at baggage claim. Where and how do we find our driver/car once we get off the plane?

I am considering Tiffany Towncar round trip for our September Disney trip. DH and I are only taking carryon so won’t need to stop at baggage claim. Where and how do we find our driver/car once we get off the plane?

You follow the signs to baggage claim even if you didn't check any bags. The driver meets you either at the bottom of the escalator which takes you down to baggage claim, or near the baggage claim where the bags from your flight will be. The driver will have a sign with your name on it.

You follow the signs to baggage claim even if you didn't check any bags. The driver meets you either at the bottom of the escalator which takes you down to baggage claim, or near the baggage claim where the bags from your flight will be. The driver will have a sign with your name on it.
Great! Thanks

We use Tiffany Towncar a few times a year. The driver is always waiting at the end of the escalators at the baggage claim area.

We used Super Shuttle a couple of weeks ago from MCO to Bonnet Creek. Pick up was super easy and fast, just texted them when we had our bags and were ready to go. There were 6 different parties with 5 stops, and we were the last, but we still arrived at our destination within an hour of landing at MCO. We had a large shared SUV but there was plenty of room for a larger group and I know they also provide non-shared rides. I was just trying to save and I think it was less than $50 for three of us one-way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!