Has anyone used the in-room child care?

Tortellini5

Earning My Ears
Looks like the in-room child care is through an independent contracted company, Kid's Night Out. My son will be 4 and has Down syndrome and my daughter is typically developing and will be 2. I was wondering (before I called to speak with them) if anyone used this service with their child with special needs. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!

I used it when by DDs were 3. One had serious developmental delays. It was fine. They colored. Watched a movie (I rented one through the DVC desk and suggested she have them watch it.) She helped both with the bathroom and one with her pull-up. They won't do water - no bath no swimming but will bring them for food on the resort or to the playground if you want. We got a couple text updates. And when we returned our kids were asleep and she was reading in the kitchen area of our villa.
It was a positive experience for us and our kids.

I would love to try this but as my DH is a worrier I don't think he'd be on board.

As on our next trip we're going with his parents and they've offered to look after our DS for a night so we can go out, but he said he'd only do this if they baby sat him in the room.

As he be to worried if they go to a park, his own parents!! so there is no way he'd go for service.

Hopefully in a few years when the little one is older and can do a few more things for himself then maybe he consider it.

So I hope it goes well for you and your kids love it :cutie:

I would love to find a way to get a "sitter" for my adult son with Downs/Autism for just one evening, but never was able to figure out a way to get a care giver. (he is easy going, compliant, would not cause any trouble).

I would love to find a way to get a "sitter" for my adult son with Downs/Autism for just one evening, but never was able to figure out a way to get a care giver. (he is easy going, compliant, would not cause any trouble).

Have you considered a service like Visiting Angels? They handled my Mom when she had stroke-related dementia perfectly, and it allowed me time to sleep, shower, etc. Obviously they would tailor their time to his particular needs. Just an idea!

I would also call kids night out or fairy godmother and ask if they could provide someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter