Has anyWine seen my Poutine? A friendly January 2020 dining report * The Plaza Part 2 4/24**

I'm here...Where else would I be? LOL! I'm sure I'll be making an appearance here and there... :love2: :cool1:

And c'mon, who doesn't like saying POUTINE????
Umm, I do!!! Yum!

Little FYI here, Steve learned on this trip that the point of selfies is not, in fact, to only get half the face of the person taking the picture
LMAO!!!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm here! Next time I'm at WDW I'll need to try these famous magic bars!
Yay Hi Fiona it's nice to see you!! Are you planning a return to WDW soon?
I love that Magic Bars gets many mentions! Can't wait to hear all about all of the food!
lol well I made many magic bar purchases on this trip 😆 We also ate some really great food!
Now you have me wanting to try a magic bar. Lol
Hello and :welcome:
Everyone should try a magic bar lol
Following along. I do need to find Magic Bars next trip😋
Hello and you do! Wilderness Lodge and POR are the only two places to find them so figure a stop at one or the other into your planning!
I bought one Magic bar to eat at the resort and one to eat at home on our January trip. I can’t wait to hear all about your trip. :)
That's the way to do it Sue :thumbsup2 I made sure I always had one or a portion of one in the room for a late night snack/quick breakfast. And more than 1 may have come home with us.....................
Following along for all of the wine and snacks :drinking:
Hi there and :welcome: This is definitely the place for snack and wine-finding ;)
Looking forward to your reviews. I confess that while I LOVE wine, I am one of those rare few who don't care for poutine. Just not my thing.
Hello and thanks for joining! You're still welcome as a non-poutine lover lol. It wasn't something that used to sound appetizing to me either until I tried the one they have at Nomads and then I was hooked!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You were just trying to educate him! lol
Hey Courtney! LOL I was wondering why he never even tried getting his whole face in and then when my stepson commented on one of our selfies on FB Steve says to me, "wait isn't the point of selfies to only get half your face in?" :laughing:
Oh yay! I love your dining reviews!
I also really want to try a magic bar!
Hey! Aw thank you so much for saying that :hug: Glad you're here, hope you enjoy and definitely grab a magic bar on your next trip!
I'm here for the magic bars!!!
WHOO 🕺
And all the other dining report fun sure to be had with another one of your reports! :thumbsup2
We definitely had lots of fun and LOTS of food lol!
Joining in!
Hi and thanks for joining!!
Following!
:wave2: Hope you enjoy it!
Hey, now, no picking on Mr. Selfie! 😎
:rotfl:think of it more as.................an intervention :rolleyes1
xcited to read all about the food!!! I'm especially looking forward to what you thought of Topolino's, as we switched our Garden Grill breakfast over to that for April.
OOh good! Well I'll give you a little spoiler- I'd love to go back :thumbsup2
I'm here following along! I wish I liked the magic bars, but I'm not a big fan of coconut.
Well I shall forgive you your coconut injustice and just say :welcome: and I'm glad you're here!
LOL, you and your magic bars!
They are like a sweet, sweet non-alcoholic drug for me :rolleyes1
Can't wait to hear more. And I love the report title :)
Ha ha thanks!! I always think they sound good and then 2nd guess myself and think I should just go with "we at at Disney, here are my reviews". But then my stupid sense of humor wins out!

Following along!!
Hey there and thank you for joining!
Yay glad you're here Dina!
i'm here!!!
:welcome: I hope you enjoy!
The Magic Bars snagged me! I'm in :thumbsup2
Ah yup, that's how they work their "magic" (womp, womp.....)
'm here...Where else would I be? LOL! I'm sure I'll be making an appearance here and there... :love2: :cool1:
Maybe an appearance or two my friend lol!
You once posted about a waiter using a black napkin for your lap when you were wearing black pants. Citrico's I think. I never understood this until recently when I left a restaurant with white lint all over my lap. I thought ... Ariane!
OMG that's so funny! Yes it was Citricos and our favorite server Rony the very first time we went :goodvibes We went to Citricos this trip with @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe and while we unfortunately didn't have Rony, our fabulous server again offered me a black napkin as I had on black pants!

I always enjoy the dining reviews, especially with lots of photos. We are having a Disney-free year (what were we thinking???) but heading there twice in 2021 to make up for it, so I'm getting my Disney fix through reviews like yours, so thank you for sharing :D

following along. Looking forward to reading more. I am nit sure - do you like magic bars ? If only I liked coconut ..
Staying at WL next trip . Can’t wait to finally try Geyser Point

Following! As I was reading your intro I thought, hmmmm, if I was forced to choose between wine, poutine, and a magic bar, which would I choose? (as I am drinking a glass of wine) It's not a fair decision as I've never had a magic bar. Clearly I need to fix that! (Love your reports by the way!)

I thought this was an Ariane dining report since ya know wine, poutine, and magic bars. Then I saw the word friendly in the title and wondered if I was in the right place :P

Ya know me and my own box of wine wouldn't miss this!

A little late to the party but am staking out my spot! I never miss anything having to do with wine after all.......🍷:goodvibes🍷

Wow thanks everyone for joining me! I'm so looking forward to getting this started, we had such an awesome trip with awesome friends and some really great food!
Let me get some basics out of the way - our trip was January 17-22nd and we stayed at - where else when you want magic bars - my Wilderness Lodge :love: We were originally supposed to arrive at 6pm but about 2 weeks before our trip they cancelled our flight and put us on one arriving at 7:30 - nope! We had dinner plans that we refused to miss so we rebooked ourselevs on a flight getting in around 1:15:thumbsup2 An earlier Disney arrival means an additional Disney meal! We landed on time and Lyfted to the resort, arriving by 2:00.
I booked a courtyard view room with my discount and when we got there we were upgraded to a deluxe room which is sort of like a 1 bedroom because the bedroom is down a hallway, separate from the living area! Would have been super nice if we had the boys but our upgrades tend to be when we're alone, which the boys LOVE.
We dropped our bags and went to the prettiest place to eat around the Lodge:

I know lots of you have been here, a few of you even with us! It's absolutely a step up from Roaring Fork and was the perfect way to start our trip. What I didn't know was that it had become a character meal since our last visit:

Donald's nephews maybe? These guys were relentless in their pursuit of our lunch even attempting to climb in my lap:

And I don't blame them because who doesn't love the food here! Oh or the drinks. And speaking of as our first adult beverages of the trip we went with these:

The pretty green drink is mine and it was a seasonal offering inspired by Frozen 2: called "worth melting for":
vodka and blue curaçao, pineapple juice, sour, and tropical-flavored syrup.

Steve's looks like water, tasted like vodka! Huckleberry vodka to be exact. Steve asked what kind of flavored vodka they had and the answer was this. They use it in some of their signature drinks like the Huckleberry Punch AND Geyser Point is the only place on property that you can get it. Steve really enjoyed it even though it was a bit on the sweet side with a tropically-berry taste.

It was so pretty sitting out there as always but the wind was picking up and it was rather chilly! Didn't stop us from enjoying our food once it came. I went with my GP "usual":

Smoked Turkey Sandwich
with Lettuce, Tomato, Granny Smith Apples, Red Onions and Cranberry Mayonnaise

I'm a sucker for apples on a sandwich and the cranberry mayo goes so well with the smoked turkey. I do promptly remove the lettuce because if it ain't iceberg it's too much like the weeds I can pick in my yard! You all may disagree but keep in mind healthy eating is not my forte.
In addition to the sandwich being fresh and flavorful the waffle fries here are close to the best on property. Always crisp, never burned and salted perfectly.
Steve tried something new to him:

Bison Cheeseburger
Bacon, Sweet Crispy Onion Straws, Marionberry Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aïoli

I wish I'd taken a better photo of the actual burger but I was hangry ad my hands were cold, but Steve thought this burger was amazing. The garlic aoli was used on the burger and also for his fries. I kind of wanted to try it but also kind of didn't because I like to stay with regular meats :P In the end I declined even though he said you really couldn't tell it was bison.
We loved our meal as always and spent a bit of time relaxing, taking in the super duper non-Florida getting colder by the minute weather. Huey Duck had hung around throughout our meal and when our server started clearing away our dishes he finally realized he wasn't getting jack. Since ducks can't flip you off, he left us with this instead:

You are seeing correctly people, I just showed you duck poop! Actually this happened before our food came and I was not thrilled to be eating with this right by my foot but it was definitely a new Disney experience and we all need those when we go often right?

We finally got up the energy to move and headed to the MK to try using a couple FP's before our dinner plans. We were meeting up with friends at one of our favorite signatures so GP was just what we needed to tide us over.

Since I have some extra room I'll share a few pics of the deluxe room:

I chose this one because it shows the layout well. This is the bedroom and there are 2 queen beds. That hallway leads to the living area which is to the left and there's a couch on one side, 2 chairs and a table on the other. There's also a little wet bar/sink on the right side as you walk to the living room.
Then down the other hallway is the bathroom and there's another entrance from the other direction.

And our view! No fireworks but that was fine because we were never in the room to see them anyway - we're too hip and cool to be in the room that early :cool1: Also too old to avoid foot pain and leg cramps after touring parks for days on end, but that's another story:

This was a great location as right outside our room were stairs that led right to a door on the 1st floor on the side of the resort that brought us to the boat dock!

UP NEXT: WE GET FANCY!

How sad for the boys that they didn't get to enjoy your upgrade! :rotfl2: Looks like you had a great first day!

Following! Can’t wait to read about your dining adventures!
Hey there good to see you! Glad you're here and thanks for joining!
Where do these magic bars come from? I'm drooling...
LOL! Well besides getting them in Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge they apparently have them at POR :) I haven't seen them there but I'll find out in April if it's true when we stay there for a night!
I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Yay glad you're here Cloe!
I always enjoy the dining reviews, especially with lots of photos.
It's a good way to learn about places you haven't eaten at and decide which ones you may want to try :thumbsup2 Thanks for joining in!
We are having a Disney-free year (what were we thinking???) but heading there twice in 2021 to make up for it,
Wait I didn't think such a thing existed :rotfl: But those trips in 2021 will be even more awesome after a break!
following along.
:wave2:
I am nit sure - do you like magic bars
Ha ha just a bit
Staying at WL next trip . Can’t wait to finally try Geyser Point
Yes definitely fit it in!
Following! As I was reading your intro I thought, hmmmm, if I was forced to choose between wine, poutine, and a magic bar, which would I choose? (as I am drinking a glass of wine) It's not a fair decision as I've never had a magic bar. Clearly I need to fix that!
Well there's no reason we can't have all 3! Poutine and wine for your meal and then a magic bar and more wine for dessert!
Oh and :welcome:
(Love your reports by the way!)
Oh thank you :goodvibes
Hello there!
Hey Kelly!!! So glad you found me :hug:
It sounds like you could have used a couple more Magic Bars this trip! :P
#neverenoughmagicbars

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!