Has anyWine seen my Poutine? A friendly January 2020 dining report * The Plaza Part 2 4/24**

I thought this was an Ariane dining report since ya know wine, poutine, and magic bars. Then I saw the word friendly in the title and wondered if I was in the right place :P
:rotfl: I thought I'd try to hide behind the "friendly" way but you caught me!
Ya know me and my own box of wine wouldn't miss this!
Oh I know baby 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
Love the title, need to make magic bars now!
Ha ha go ahead and I'll send you my address!
Nice to see you !
A little late to the party but am staking out my spot! I never miss anything having to do with wine after all.......🍷:goodvibes🍷

:welcome: Susan! Glad you're here for all the wine and other goodness :love:

The pretty green drink is mine and it was a seasonal offering inspired by Frozen 2: called "worth melting for":
vodka and blue curaçao, pineapple juice, sour, and tropical-flavored syrup.
Pretty sure poison control would tell you not to drink things that color :scared1:

I do promptly remove the lettuce because if it ain't iceberg it's too much like the weeds I can pick in my yard!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Funny we are the exact opposite. I won't touch iceberg lettuce but bring on the weeds!

Since ducks can't flip you off, he left us with this instead:

And thank you for sharing it with all of us!

I remember staying in one of these and it was an awesome trip. Loved having the two balconys and separate bedroom. Sadly we had to pay for it though since we never get pixie dust. Gonna have to bring this up to my travel agent :earboy2:

The pretty green drink is mine and it was a seasonal offering inspired by Frozen 2: called "worth melting for":
Sounds yummy!
Steve's looks like water, tasted like vodka! Huckleberry vodka to be exact. Steve asked what kind of flavored vodka they had and the answer was this. They use it in some of their signature drinks like the Huckleberry Punch AND Geyser Point is the only place on property that you can get it. Steve really enjoyed it even though it was a bit on the sweet side with a tropically-berry taste.
Good to know!

about 2 weeks before our trip they cancelled our flight and put us on one arriving at 7:30 - nope! We had dinner plans that we refused to miss so we rebooked ourselevs on a flight getting in around 1:15:thumbsup2
AWW! I wonder who those were with??? LOL!

when we got there we were upgraded to a deluxe room which is sort of like a 1 bedroom
Of course you were!!! You have a magic wand over your head sprinkling you with pixie dust every trip, DUH! :rotfl2:

I know lots of you have been here, a few of you even with us!
We were! We were! Hey, we didn't make it to GP this time around, sadly...

Since ducks can't flip you off, he left us with this instead:
LMAO!!!!!!

We were meeting up with friends at one of our favorite signatures so GP was just what we needed to tide us over.
HMMMMM...

And our view! No fireworks but that was fine because we were never in the room to see them anyway
Your view and location were FABULOUS!!!!!!

I booked a courtyard view room with my discount and when we got there we were upgraded to a deluxe room which is sort of like a 1 bedroom because the bedroom is down a hallway, separate from the living area!

Wow that's amazing!

What I didn't know was that it had become a character meal since our last visit:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oo that drink sounds right up my alley!

I booked a courtyard view room with my discount and when we got there we were upgraded to a deluxe room which is sort of like a 1 bedroom because the bedroom is down a hallway, separate from the living area! Would have been super nice if we had the boys but our upgrades tend to be when we're alone, which the boys LOVE.
Once again you get a pixie dust upgrade. :) We stayed in a deluxe room once and I loved the lake view from the balcony. But it was a bit noisy with boat horns and geysers that went off at 7am. :)
Did you have access to the Old Faithful Club or was it closed during your trip, or are you going to get to that later?
We dropped our bags and went to the prettiest place to eat around the Lodge:
We love eating at Geyser Point on arrival day when staying at WL. We have even boated over to WL from MK for lunch when staying at a different resort. You can't beat the lake view. :)

Now I want to stop there for lunch during our March trip. ;)

"worth melting for":
I am always looking for good, fruity drinks. Was this good?

Smoked Turkey Sandwich
My favorite!

And our view! No fireworks but that was fine because we were never in the room to see them anyway
Do you remember what room number you had? We were in room 5001, a regular room, in August and I could see some fireworks through the trees if I hung over the railing a bit. :) We've stayed at that far end of the resort twice, once in a deluxe room and then in August we booked nature view and got a room next to a deluxe room.

Mmmmm, blue drinks are my jam!! This one sounds extra tasty. They could throw in a glow snowflake ice cube and I'd be so in! (Who am I kidding?! I'd be in anyway!)

Lucky duck with another upgrade! The room sounds great, and love the view!

Yay Hi Fiona it's nice to see you!! Are you planning a return to WDW soon?

Thanks Ariane. It's been good seeing all your posts on facebook. We have accommodation booked at POFQ for the end of July/early August this year but flight prices are outrageous at the moment since Thomas Cook went under. Fingers crossed we'll get flights booked soon.

Last edited:
Hi! Hi! I'm here 👋 I'm so excited to see how your January trip turned out!

I swear Wilderness Lodge is my next resort on my list to try--goose poo aside

What a great start to your trip! I am really wishing DH and I had time to make it over to Geyser Point this trip. Definitely one of my favorite spots on property!

Nice upgrade on the room! Seems like so much space!

Joining in, you and Steve really do luck out with room upgrades. I like the deluxe room set-up, very nice
GP is always on our radar and we still haven’t tried it. I have heard great things about the Bison Burger 🍔
I do love magic bars, wine, and poutine So this DR is a must!!
I never got any pictures from the Hanger Bar, oops!

Hi!
Have read so many of your dining reports, and enjoyed them immensely!

We are re-planning (long story) our 25th anniversary trip, and I am getting
ready to start my "must do" list for our trip this coming December. As I was
driving home from work tonight, I was thinking, "Ok, kastoney's latest I am in
the middle of. I need to see if ariane has a new one out." Eureka!! I'm so excited!

I'm here, finally! I'm playing catch up and I have a lot to catch up on!

Yum! That drinks looks so pretty and all the flavors are right up my tropical alley!

I'm a sucker for apples on a sandwich and the cranberry mayo goes so well with the smoked turkey. I do promptly remove the lettuce because if it ain't iceberg it's too much like the weeds I can pick in my yard! You all may disagree but keep in mind healthy eating is not my forte.
I too love apples on sandwiches, it's so good and that sandwich looks so good! I'm the opposite, iceburg is the only lettuce that I'd rather not eat! It's just if it's green I'd rather it have some nutritional value and I was told that iceburg has none, LOL.

I chose this one because it shows the layout well. This is the bedroom and there are 2 queen beds. That hallway leads to the living area which is to the left and there's a couch on one side, 2 chairs and a table on the other. There's also a little wet bar/sink on the right side as you walk to the living room.
Then down the other hallway is the bathroom and there's another entrance from the other direction.
Wow that room looks huge! It's practicaly a suite! Not Roy Disney but so cool!

Steve's looks like water, tasted like vodka! Huckleberry vodka to be exact. Steve asked what kind of flavored vodka they had and the answer was this. They use it in some of their signature drinks like the Huckleberry Punch AND Geyser Point is the only place on property that you can get it. Steve really enjoyed it even though it was a bit on the sweet side with a tropically-berry taste.
I love flavored vodka...I hope to get over to GP in March is try it out.

I chose this one because it shows the layout well. This is the bedroom and there are 2 queen beds. That hallway leads to the living area which is to the left and there's a couch on one side, 2 chairs and a table on the other. There's also a little wet bar/sink on the right side as you walk to the living room.
Then down the other hallway is the bathroom and there's another entrance from the other direction.
Love this layout!!

Great start!! You have the best photo of Magic Bars ever. I am drooling over that right now. I am on a diet, trying to cut sweets, and that gave me great satisfaction just seeing it

Your Geyser Point lunch looks awesome. I need to go there someday. That Grozen II drink is so pretty. I want one too.

Funny we are the exact opposite. I won't touch iceberg lettuce but bring on the weeds!
I know, I have nightmares about your arugula covered VN pizzas 🤮
And thank you for sharing it with all of us!
That's my job!!
Of course you were!!! You have a magic wand over your head sprinkling you with pixie dust every trip, DUH! :rotfl2:
LOL but I swear one of these days that want is going to snap in half and we'll get the OPPOSITE of pixie dust :scared:
Oo that drink sounds right up my alley!
It was really good, sweet but not too sweet. It's not on the online menu now so not sure how long it'll stay or did stay around as it was definitely seasonal.
Once again you get a pixie dust upgrade. :) We stayed in a deluxe room once and I loved the lake view from the balcony. But it was a bit noisy with boat horns and geysers that went off at 7am. :)
Did you have access to the Old Faithful Club or was it closed during your trip, or are you going to get to that later?
Luckily we did not hear any noise! An occasional boat horn but we sleep with a white noise machine at night so wouldn't have heard them then.
When we were told about the upgrade the CM told us normally we would have had access to the lounge but since it was already closed for the refurb 👎 At least we didn't pay for it!
am always looking for good, fruity drinks. Was this good?
It was! Not TOO sweet; nice and lightly fruity. However it is seasonal so not sure if it's still there and if it is how long it'll stay around. Hoping it was popular and they add it to the regular menu!
Do you remember what room number you had?
I do not; I'm so bad at that! But Steve might and I believe we were on the 3rd or 4th floor:laughing:
Mmmmm, blue drinks are my jam!! This one sounds extra tasty. They could throw in a glow snowflake ice cube and I'd be so in! (Who am I kidding?! I'd be in anyway!)
:laughing: Funny when I see a drink on a menu with blue curacao in it I pretty much just order it lol
Thanks Ariane. It's been good seeing all your posts on facebook.
:)
We have accommodation booked at POFQ for the end of July/early August this year but flight prices are outrageous at the moment since Thomas Cook went under. Fingers crossed we'll get flights booked soon.
Oh boy I know about that but hadn't thought about it affecting anyone I know :( Fingers crossed for you, POFQ is our favorite moderate.
Hi! Hi! I'm here 👋 I'm so excited to see how your January trip turned out!
Yay glad you came over! January trip was GREAT! Freezing but great lol
I swear Wilderness Lodge is my next resort on my list to try--goose poo aside
After staying at every resort except POR and now the Riviera WL remains my #1 :love: I find it so cozy, home-y, relaxing, so pretty, and I think the food options are the best! I hope you get to stay soon!

It's a great amount of space! a couple years ago we stayed at CCV with the boys and our studio ended up being the same type of layout as there are 6 studios like that on that side, on the corner . Having what was more like a 1 bedroom with the boys was great.
Joining in, you and Steve really do luck out with room upgrades. I like the deluxe room set-up, very nice
Hey Caroline :wave: Glad you're here! We have had some great luck but I know it'll bite me in the butt one of these days lol
GP is always on our radar and we still haven’t tried it. I have heard great things about the Bison Burger 🍔
I know you said you wanted to get there last month; just put it on the list for the next trip :thumbsup2
I never got any pictures from the Hanger Bar, oops!
I have a few of the food but I think that's it! We'll have to do a redo soon
Hi!
Have read so many of your dining reports, and enjoyed them immensely!
Hello and :welcome: that's so nice of you to say!
We are re-planning (long story) our 25th anniversary trip, and I am getting
ready to start my "must do" list for our trip this coming December. As I was
driving home from work tonight, I was thinking, "Ok, kastoney's latest I am in
the middle of. I need to see if ariane has a new one out." Eureka!! I'm so excited!
:laughing: that is hysterical! Glad you found me and are here, and your trip sounds fantastic! Hope I help you get some more ideas for your list!
I'm here, finally! I'm playing catch up and I have a lot to catch up on!
Hey Su-Lynn thanks for joining! I know I'm ALWAYS behind :scared:
I too love apples on sandwiches, it's so good and that sandwich looks so good!
It is! I don't know many people that like apples on their sandwiches, the kids think I'm weird lol. But I love the crispness and sweetness with whatever other ingredients are on it.
I'm the opposite, iceburg is the only lettuce that I'd rather not eat! It's just if it's green I'd rather it have some nutritional value and I was told that iceburg has none, LOL.
You're like Kari! And yeah I believe I've heard there is no nutritional value in iceberg so it fits right in with pretty much everything else I eat :rotfl:
Wow that room looks huge! It's practicaly a suite! Not Roy Disney but so cool!
Ha ha definitely not the "Roy" but the space and size are really nice and I always appreciate an upgrade.
I don't see Donald popping a squat and leaving behind a souvenir though... :headache:
:D
I love flavored vodka...I hope to get over to GP in March is try it out.:thumbsup2
Definitely try! It's so relaxing and the food/drinks are great
You have the best photo of Magic Bars ever
Ha I have TONS of magic bar photos lol.
I am on a diet, trying to cut sweets, and that gave me great satisfaction just seeing it
Good for you and I'm glad a picture satisfies you! I started Nutrisystem back in Nov. and lost a nice amount by our trip last month but am now having a hard time staying away from my snacks. Need to watch it more so I can pig out on our cruise in April!
Your Geyser Point lunch looks awesome. I need to go there someday
Definitely! Everything about it is great; drinks, food, location. So nice sitting by the water :goodvibes

How sad for the boys that they didn't get to enjoy your upgrade! :rotfl2: Looks like you had a great first day!
Ah I missed this one! That's the 2nd time we got a good upgrade when they weren't with us lol, the first time when we got upgraded at the GF to the Roy Disney Suite! Boy they were NOT happy when we facetimed them that trip 🤣 We had a nice view last time they came in July and this year we're doing CL for most of our stay so they don't miss out - but if we ever get another upgrade I'm sure it'll be without them!

What a great start to your trip! I am really wishing DH and I had time to make it over to Geyser Point this trip. Definitely one of my favorite spots on property!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!