Has Disneyland gotten safer?

doge

Earning My Ears
When I looked up the reports on the Disneyland resort incidents there hasn't been a death since like over 10 years ago! Has Disneyland gotten safer or changed policies?

I haven't ever really felt unsafe at the parks either from ride malfunctions or incidents involving other guests. Disney can't afford bad PR like that, as bad as it sounds saying reputation is the most important thing (and not the loss of life), but I'm sure they do everything they can to maintain the integrity of their attractions. However, humans are not perfect and, at times, forget to do things or are told to cut back on certain procedures to save time and money. No matter what the reason, Disneyland has always been quite safe if you're not counting the people who injured or killed themselves of their own ignorance.

I haven't ever really felt unsafe at the parks either from ride malfunctions or incidents involving other guests. Disney can't afford bad PR like that, as bad as it sounds saying reputation is the most important thing (and not the loss of life), but I'm sure they do everything they can to maintain the integrity of their attractions. However, humans are not perfect and, at times, forget to do things or are told to cut back on certain procedures to save time and money. No matter what the reason, Disneyland has always been quite safe if you're not counting the people who injured or killed themselves of their own ignorance.
If I ran Disney and someone died on my the parks I think I wouldn't be able to function anymore. I hope that's the same for the CEO of the company now! They are looking for money but I do hope they have some morals!

This is a bizarre question. Did you at one point consider the parks unsafe? Accidents happen, but the low quantity of accidents vs high number of guests intersecting with rides and environments with the potential to be dangerous shows that Disney has always been very safe. If you’re talking about potential dangers at Disney vs sitting at home, then yes, Disney is more dangerous, as is the rest of the world.

Not only that, but the state of California wouldn't put up with it either. They would have shut the park down so fast you'd miss it if you blinked. It is a very safe amusement park and it'll stay that way if it wants to keep operating.

This is a bizarre question. Did you at one point consider the parks unsafe? Accidents happen, but the low quantity of accidents vs high number of guests intersecting with rides and environments with the potential to be dangerous shows that Disney has always been very safe. If you’re talking about potential dangers at Disney vs sitting at home, then yes, Disney is more dangerous, as is the rest of the world.
I never found it unsafe it just looks like the accidents have gone down.

When I looked up the reports on the Disneyland resort incidents there hasn't been a death since like over 10 years ago! Has Disneyland gotten safer or changed policies?

Assuming you are talking about ride safety and not environmental threats...but just a hunch that in this day and age of social media policies have changes on what gets "reported". While safety has certainly improved there have been incidents that have mandated repost to OSHA, DOSHA...and any other random government agency...the rest they likely work hard to sweep under the rug and keep "reporting" only to what is minimally legally required since everyone is looking for clickbait they can spin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!