Has Political correctness gone too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it? In Disneyland, the Pirates of the Caribbean was remodeled because people didn't like the pirates chasing women? It is like don't you know what pirates are. soon they don't like them to rob and murder. They are criminals, that is like asking robbers don't to rob or bandits not to steal. Terrorists have terror in their name for a reason. They aren't heroes like they make them out to be. It is like what people are saying about ninja warriors. They make them look heroic , but they were not honor in Japan, but were considered the boogie men because they kill and kidnap people.

We're running in Social Media fueled amok, trying not only to outdo things but also to rewrite the History.

How can one appreciate what they have now since soon no one will remember the real past. Life in the pink bubble.
My 2 cents...

Yes! No matter what you say you are going to offend somebody. While we are at it I wish people would stop trying to rewrite the past to suit the sensibilities of the present. Right or wrong the past is the past and all of it is not pretty. It is a gauge of progress and a reminder not to return to the behavior. It is silly to topple statues or edit movies/animation to ignore or pretend what was once acceptable did not happen. Those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.

"Has political correctness gone too far? Absolutely, I'd love it if we brought back more blatant racism, sexism, ageism, disregard for the LGTBQ community, etc., etc., and generally just let white men run the show again. ..."

Wow....
Just wow.

Another racist post...
Must be going for a record.

MODS??????

"Has political correctness gone too far? Absolutely, I'd love it if we brought back more blatant racism, sexism, ageism, disregard for the LGTBQ community, etc., etc., and generally just let white men run the show again. ..."

Wow....
Just wow.

Another racist post...
Must be going for a record.

MODS??????

What? What is at all racist about this post?

And to call out this one while remaining silent about certain others....

Yes, yes it has. I don't think POC is a good example of it but, yes it has. When a person cannot utter a phrase because someone may have said the phrase 100 years ago and meant in a totally different way than the phrase is used today, then yes, it has gone to far.

But there is a difference in making someone kid-friendly and being politically correct and making it kid friendly is all I see at POC.

Yes, yes it has. I don't think POC is a good example of it but, yes it has. When a person cannot utter a phrase because someone may have said the phrase 100 years ago and meant in a totally different way than the phrase is used today, then yes, it has gone to far.

Yes, because why expect people to adapt and use any of the other million words in the English language to say what they want to say. Anyone who can't get their point across without offending anyone is lazy, or, simply wants to be offensive, or at least continue saying what they want how they want it knowing full well that people find it offensive, and then whine that other people are too PC.

Yes, because why expect people to adapt and use any of the other million words in the English language to say what they want to say. Anyone who can't get their point across without offending anyone is lazy, or, simply wants to be offensive, or at least continue saying what they want how they want it knowing full well that people find it offensive, and then whine that other people are too PC.

When said phrase has been used for 80 years without being seen as offensive and when the people who are supposed to be offended don't know they are supposed to be offended and when any google search can show the phrase can be meant in at least 3 ways, no one is being "lazy" or wanting to be offensive. Someone is just looking for a reason to be offended.

When said phrase has been used for 80 years without being seen as offensive and when the people who are supposed to be offended don't know they are supposed to be offended and when any google search can show the phrase can be meant in at least 3 ways, no one is being "lazy" or wanting to be offensive. Someone is just looking for a reason to be offended.

Curious of some examples here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter