Has the FastPass option not been offered for Newer rides (FoP, SDMT, etc.) before?

Lydia S

Canadian
Just wondering about this as I don’t recall from the opening days/months of other recently opened rides/lands. I can understand why it wouldn’t be offered when only one of the 2 SWGE rides is open, but once they are both up and running, wouldn’t it make more sense to start offering FP reservations for them?

Also, if the FastPass system doesn’t get implemented anytime soon, I’m thinking our best bet would be to hop in line right at park closing. I know CMs will let everyone on as long as you are lined up, but if crowds are really high, will they really keep HS open for (possibly) several hours longer just to ensure get everyone on the ride?

I’ve never done a park close line up before, but for those that have, what’s the longest wait you had?

This is the first time that an attraction has been built with fp capability but not have it open from day one.
It is possible that they will have a closing time prior to the park closing If they anticipate the line will be very long by then

Just wondering about this as I don’t recall from the opening days/months of other recently opened rides/lands. I can understand why it wouldn’t be offered when only one of the 2 SWGE rides is open, but once they are both up and running, wouldn’t it make more sense to start offering FP reservations for them?

Also, if the FastPass system doesn’t get implemented anytime soon, I’m thinking our best bet would be to hop in line right at park closing. I know CMs will let everyone on as long as you are lined up, but if crowds are really high, will they really keep HS open for (possibly) several hours longer just to ensure get everyone on the ride?

I’ve never done a park close line up before, but for those that have, what’s the longest wait you had?
When FOP first opened they closed the line well before park closed. So you might want to rethink getting in line right before park close. If your there when HS has its 6am EEMH and hour on site you might want to look into doing this and getting to HS an hour early. I know waking up early on vacation but this might be hour best bet. Then going back to the hotel to rest.

If they have the 6 am opening for this, I might just have to get up and head to the park and leave the wife with two kids. They can meet up with me later if it means I get to go on both of the star wars rides. We were planning on being at DHS on that date anyway, I just may have to go earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!