Has the Skyliner seen a reduction in bus services at those resorts?

csimon

Mouseketeer
As title!

Wondering if the bus services from Pop Century to Epcot and Hollywood Studios has been reduced.

I dont think so. I was staying at Pop last month and the buses to all the parks came about every 20 mins as usual. The Skyliner was meant to add to the buses, not take away from them.

Thank you, I was just curious if they'd sneakily reduced the service so pleased to hear the Skyliner is indeed being operated as an additional service. This is what we though beforehand but I wanted to see how it was working out in practice. I do understand that the bus service is quite reactive, i.e. if there's a lot of demand they will just send out another bus from the park.

There are a lot of permutations of route variations that can be done to adjust bus service to demand. Notably Pop Century and Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach could share a bus.

I would encourage Epcot guests, notably those still in Future World, to continue relying on the bus system when leaving the park. That is much more sensible than heading to World Showcase and finding the Skyliner not running and having to walk all the way back.

Last edited:

I would think they wouldn't need the same volume of buses for park opening/close, but I have no first hand experience yet. I mean at the times when they usually have buses coming one after the other due to volume, not throughout the day when it's one bus every 20ish minutes.

I cant speak for other resorts but at Pop they always have an "accordion bus" (double capacity) at the bus stop for MK.

I would encourage Epcot guests, notably those still in Future World, to continue relying on the bus system when leaving the park. That is much more sensible than heading to World Showcase and finding the Skyliner not running and having to walk all the way back.
I thought that when the Skyliner was down they were running “Skyliner resort” buses from BWV? Are they not?

There was one evening I was at CBR in November. The bus schedule for Epcot and HS simply said "use skyliner." It was right when MK was closing for day crowds and MVMCP was starting, so I suspect they were flexing more buses to MK. The MK buses were jammed and thankfully coming one after another.

There was one evening I was at CBR in November. The bus schedule for Epcot and HS simply said "use skyliner." It was right when MK was closing for day crowds and MVMCP was starting, so I suspect they were flexing more buses to MK. The MK buses were jammed and thankfully coming one after another.
The bus schedule at Pop also usually says “Use Skyliner” for HS and Epcot, but they still do run buses at least every 20 minutes. They’re just trying to steer what traffic they can to the Skyliner. That said, I only just stayed at Pop starting the day after the Skyliner opened. Not sure how it's changed since.

Last edited:
The bus schedule at Pop also usually says “Use Skyliner” for HS and Epcot, but they still do run buses at least every 20 minutes. They’re just trying to steer what traffic they can to the Skyliner. That said, I only just stayed at Pop starting the day after the Skyliner opened. Not sure how it's changed since.

I hope they keep the buses as I have no plans to use the Skyliner, especially after the accidents it has already had.

That's your decision, but to be accurate, there were not multiple accidents -- only one was reported, and no injuries were reported.

Well, of course they're not going to make a huge deal about it, especially since it was barely running when they had the first collision. They were very lucky that no one got hurt in that mistake. And the one that went off the track? Yeah, I have no faith in the safety of that system.

Well, of course they're not going to make a huge deal about it, especially since it was barely running when they had the first collision. They were very lucky that no one got hurt in that mistake. And the one that went off the track? Yeah, I have no faith in the safety of that system.
Again, entirely your decision. I was pointing out for the benefit of other readers that your use of "accidents" in the plural was inaccurate.

I just got back from a week at POP, there didn't seem to be any reduction to the buses to EPCOT, had to use one myself when the skyliner was down for a little bit and I had to make an ADR. It was very empty. I think they will start reducing service pretty soon based on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!