Has this ever happened to you?

I can see your point if it was 2000 dollars, but 200? As long as my reservation says paid in full I’m not going to spend hours stressing over a mistake on their part. If they did figure it out they probably would just honor it that’s pretty much common business practice to honor a pricing mistakes.
To some people, $200 is as hard to come up with in their budget as $2000, if the were to figure it out say, a year later. Who knows when an audit can find an error
I am never going to assume they'll drop $200 because of their error. Would it be nice if they did? Sure. But I am not going to assume it
I'm going to assume I owe it until someone says to me, you do not owe that $200, we made a mistake and are going to let it go.

So if anyone is curious, I have an update.
The money was taken out of our account today. It doesn't show up with a name, it was just 250.00 less than it was yesterday. We haven't bought anything else for that amount so it has to be Disney.
I dont know the how's or why's of it but I am BEYOND relieved.
I know I was over stressing about it but I couldn't stop.
I want to thank you guys for commenting and understanding my worries.
Honestly, I love these boards. It's so nice to be online with other people that are just as in love with Disney as I am.

The money was taken out of our account today. It doesn't show up with a name, it was just 250.00 less than it was yesterday. We haven't bought anything else for that amount so it has to be Disney.
Honestly, I love these boards. It's so nice to be online with other people that are just as in love with Disney as I am.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the update.

EEK!!! SO glad it worked out in your favor! And THIS is why I book room only! I pay them the first night and the rest is due when I arrive at the resort for check in. :crazy:

Who knows! I'm sure there's some really strange reason, logical only to them, for the way they do it. Glad it is all straightened out and you can move to getting ready for your trip.

To some people, $200 is as hard to come up with in their budget as $2000, if the were to figure it out say, a year later. Who knows when an audit can find an error
I am never going to assume they'll drop $200 because of their error. Would it be nice if they did? Sure. But I am not going to assume it
I'm going to assume I owe it until someone says to me, you do not owe that $200, we made a mistake and are going to let it go.
If you have a receipt saying the trip is paid in full Disney has to honor it from experience, I tried to pay after my error was found and Disney said it was taken care of, my amount was a lot more than 200. I agree a 100% I worried for about 3 months and was about to cancel the whole thing. My worry was I get their Disney says “ you know you didn’t pay us, right.” And then not only would I have been embarrassed, I would have been stressed out.
Edited due to dyslexia

I am so glad you finally have resolution on this matter. I totally understand why you were worried about it, and I would've been too. Now you can relax and enjoy your trip! I hope you and your family have a magical vacation. :)

Did they not refund your deposit when they cancelled your reservation?

Sorry for the long winded story, lol...but it underscores the fact that Disney unfortunately does make mistakes, and that trusting your instincts is usually the right call. If I had questioned the CM on the "low" Poly balance she said I owed, more than likely the issue would've been resolved then and my reservation wouldn't have ever been cancelled. Hopefully you can get your issue straightened out so you won't have to worry about it anymore. :)

Did they not refund your deposit when they cancelled your reservation?

At the time, I didn't know whether they did or not. We were at WDW during Christmas week when I made the initial bounceback reservation, so we weren't checking our CC statements. It was about 3 days later, on Christmas day, when I called back to change the reservation and made the discovery, so we weren't checking our CC balance that day either.

At the time, I didn't know whether they did or not. We were at WDW during Christmas week when I made the initial bounceback reservation, so we weren't checking our CC statements. It was about 3 days later, on Christmas day, when I called back to change the reservation and made the discovery, so we weren't checking our CC balance that day either.

Did they eventually?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts