Hash House a Go GO - Review... Brunch time, party of 4 if you please...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
As most of you know I live in Winter Garden, and so we are locals... and I have had a few request for reviews on other spots, around some of the tourist areas, and malls areas.... so I thought that I would start writing about them... and see if anyone was interested in this type of review... so please let me know if you like it,

So Hash House a Go Go is located on - I -drive only a few redlights away from the Outlet Mall located at the end of I-drive, and Bass pro shop is also right there as well there is a movie theater located on the back side where Bass Pro Shop it located... So if you were to venture in this direction there is something for everyone to do... If someone really isn't into shopping then they can easily walk over to Brass pro shop or go to the movies while the shoppers are out getting some retail therapy in...

So on to the review... My cousin and his wife were in town, and we decided to have brunch there... Now we have eaten here many times, and their first time eating here....
We went during the week, and arrived around 10:45 .... we were seated right away... so that was really nice... parking here is kinda a pain... as there is some construction going in around the restaurant... they have what the call "twisted Farm to table food"

So my Cousin went with one of the Hashes it is served in a cast iron skillet... (15.29) Chorizo, jalapenos, cheddar cheese and fresh tomatoes.. with a flour tortilla.... as well it comes with fried potatoes, and eggs to orders and biscuits/the pan it comes out in huge, and over filled with the mixture.... he was shocked to see how large it was... his thoughts - the chorizo had quite a bit of kick to it, and with the jalapenos it was spicy and that there was plenty of meat in through out the mixtures... it did smell really good...eggs cooked as requested, and the biscuit was really good... He said that he would order it again, when they are in town... I did not taste so I can't comment other than what his thought were.

My cousins wife - decided on lunch... Big O' Chicken Pot Pie - (14.99) this is not what we sorta expected... it was more like a deconstructed pot pie... the crust was on the bottom and the filling piled on top... sorta the shape of a bowl shape with like a rim around it... the pie "filling" included chicken, corn, spinach, tomatoes mushroom, broccoli, carrots, potatoes and a creamy sauce or gravy... it reminded me off more like a thick stew than a traditional pot pie filling... Its a huge portion.... Her thoughts... she really enjoyed the filling - while the crust was either to soggy to eat, or the rim was dried out almost like a cracker..... another thing was not enough creamy sauce, and she did have to ask for some twice... she like the fact that you could taste each item in the mix... and everything wasn't over cooked and mushy... and the chicken was so tender... I did taste this dish a small portion -my thoughts... the crust was a fail... it was like a cracker, really sorta bland... Now for the interior was to dry for me... the chicken was very moist, and did have great flavor... and each or the veggie did stand on their own... it all really needed some salt while cooking... The cream sauce was very tasty on its own... It was to thick for my taste, and for me a pot pie... should be warm, and creamy through out for that comfort food feeling....the crust should be flakey and moist... She did say that next time she would try something different... I don't think that I would ever order it after the little tasting...

DH and I both got the same thing... which is out favorite dish here... the Farmhouse scramble - Ham, spinach and Cheddar... (13.99) the only difference in our order was I went with goat cheese instead of Cheddar... It come with 3 eggs, griddle mashed potatoes, biscuits and jelly... Yes Please... the eggs are cooked and prepared very well, they are not over cooked to death... the griddle mashed potatoes are so sinful for breakfast yet so so good... The portion size is large...

We all had more than enough to eat... Overall we had a wonderful start to our retail therapy day, and DH and I will return when we are on that side of Orlando...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter