Hate that it’s dark at 5pm!

It's one thing I like about living on the far western end of the eastern time zone...I'm only about 30-40 miles from where it would change to central time. Being this far west, and south, in the time zone means that it doesn't dark quite as early as it does in the eastern sections, such as Boston, New Jersey, etc... It still stays light here until about 6:00 or so even around Xmas, unlike the northeast that is pitch black at 5pm.

THIS! I remember when we lived in Michigan. I was watching primary coverage from NH (first in the nation!) and realized that it was pitch black out in NH, but just barely starting to be dusk outside in MI.

Time change doesn't bother me. I mean... we keep erratic hours anyhow, so it's like staying up a little late or going to bed a little earlier on one night. I tend to work until 6 or 7pm anyhow, so it's dusk/dark when I get out of work for much of the year. I DO like that it is lighter in the morning now; it was getting challenging, dragging myself out of bed in the dark at 5:30am. I have to say, I like that it stays light later in the summer, but where we are that means maybe 8pm or so... not that late.

I'm not a fan of the idea of FL staying in Daylight Saving for the entire year. It means that half the year we would be at the same time as the rest of the east coast states and for half the year we would be an hour ahead of them. Just seems too gimmicky - just a ploy to try and get tourists to go out and spend more in the evening when they're here.

As if flying in from two or three timezones away and getting up for prime early touring that first day wasn't hard enough....

I enjoy Daylight Saving time, but I don't think it should be kept year round. From early November to early March, instead of going back to Standard time, I advocate going to DST+, which would be TWO hours ahead of standard time. I don't care that it will still be dark at 9am, as long as it's still light out at 630 to 7pm.

It's one thing I like about living on the far western end of the eastern time zone...I'm only about 30-40 miles from where it would change to central time. Being this far west, and south, in the time zone means that it doesn't dark quite as early as it does in the eastern sections, such as Boston, New Jersey, etc... It still stays light here until about 6:00 or so even around Xmas, unlike the northeast that is pitch black at 5pm. In the summer, it doesn't get totally dark until 9:30pm or a bit after.
When we lived in western Ohio, we liked this too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!