Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I think most of my displeasure was the bait and switch. There have been many pin or artist events in the past. This should have been advertised as such. We are not big collectors. We wanted more from the event that an opportunity to buy. Wish we could see the findings of the survey. I bet many out of state folks share my thoughts. I can understand how enjoyable this would have been for a local who made an organized plan. We calculated our expenses and spent will over $2500 for this event. We had no intention of an August trip, in fact we leave for WDW in a few days! I bought into the hoopla and paid dearly.

Disneyland portion: Too many confusing lines. We had a purchases mix up that cost us most of our afternoon. Disappointing experience for sure.

Party: everytime I go to DL I forgot how many line cutters there are. Just doesn't happen at WDW. Here is what we did:

+Arrived at 11:15
+In around 12:50
+Mark Twain, then Rivers of America by show time
+caught a seat at River Belle Terrace A+ spot
+show was alright. So much happening from far away. Why no Fantasmic barges?
+hit POC since it was chaotic after the show
+rode with no sound, kind of cool
+I went to French Market and husband went to Stage Door for our food. Big mistake. Husband's line was 30 minutes longer. Ate soup alone. By the time we were united it was already past 2am
+Went to HM, loved it
+Stood in line for churro, but gave up after about 10 minutes of standing still
+Decided to go to Golden Horshoe for sundae
+got to Big Thunder right before 3am
+got off and discovered they had closed Big Thunder after our ride. Wow, it's already past 3 am!
+went to Mark Twain, no ride for 20 minutes, can't wait or it would be the last thing we do
+decide to head to HM to do lantern shot. Line to Splash, decide to go on HM again instead
+get stuck in Portrait Gallery for 15 minutes with a lady who absolutely lost it. Yelling her complains in everyone's ear. We were all in the same situation. Losing too much time standing still. They continued to stuff us in the hall. When the line started again everyone was cutting to get closer.
+Gus was the highlight of our night. Kudos to Gus!
+Decided to give churro cart another try. Big mistake, too long.
+Very thirsty, had only used two tabs so far. Went to Royal Veranda for punch.
+As soon as we got in line they put up the closed sign behind us. Guests would approach us asking for us to "buy" their items. It was very ackward as the CMs gave us disapproving looks.
+Decided to take our punch to Adventureland to catch a glimpse of the Hitchhiking ghosts. Ghosts were already gone. I had hoped there would still be a closed line of guests.
+4:15 in front of the castle and sat with our punch until we exited. So many folks with leftover tabs. Overheard lots of complaints.
+not one photo in our photopass :(

So in total: $2500 for 4 rides, the Leota show, and three tabs used. We could have had an entire vacation for that much.
Omg, I was in there when that lady was freaking out in the stretch room. It was so awkward. Like, chill. Clearly there’s something going on - they didn’t forget about us. Of course everyone was antsy because we all knew what limited time we had. Anyway, just had to comment because I was there too and thought it was a little nuts.

Lots of pins seemed to have been restocked. Various styles available in the shops that sell the LE pins as well as Disneyana and pieces of eight. Pieces of eight also had the ornament, mug, magnet, tee, and sweatshirt tonight. Also all 3 of the hitchhiking ghosts souvenir bucket/sippers were in stock this evening.

So... I got the camp shirt from the event. It’s nice enough, although I wish it was the normal fabric instead of viscose.

However, when I got it home and washed it (according to instructions) it faded BADLY. Anyone else have this issue?

So... I got the camp shirt from the event. It’s nice enough, although I wish it was the normal fabric instead of viscose.

However, when I got it home and washed it (according to instructions) it faded BADLY. Anyone else have this issue?

View attachment 425957
Oh no!! I almost got that shirt, too, but when I saw the fabric in person I decided against it. It's so cute but wow, what a bummer to have it fade after one washing! I hope someone has some suggestions for what to do. You shouldn't pay that much for a shirt, only to have it fade the first time you (correctly) wash it.

We returned the camp shirt from our preorder. Just felt cheap. I had bought a couple of Shag shirts for gifts, but the print was so far off from the concept drawing I return those too. I am sorry to hear about the fading.

It was a waste grabbing a few things for east coast family because they could have picked it up or ordered themselves. I ended up just paying the postage myself since I know they could have used discounts and got the items cheaper.

I watched a vlog from WDW and no one had issues scoring the Leota pop. CM on the video said 30,000 were made. Smh

We returned the camp shirt from our preorder. Just felt cheap. I had bought a couple of Shag shirts for gifts, but the print was so far off from the concept drawing I return those too. I am sorry to hear about the fading.

It was a waste grabbing a few things for east coast family because they could have picked it up or ordered themselves. I ended up just paying the postage myself since I know they could have used discounts and got the items cheaper.

I watched a vlog from WDW and no one had issues scoring the Leota pop. CM on the video said 30,000 were made. Smh
They’ve sold out of the pop on both coasts though. It sold out on day 2.

Wow, just checked Disney store, even the Harvey tote is available. I was talking to a guest in line during the event and she was disappointed it had sold out. Not fair. Hope she sees that it's available. They are going for $500 on eBay.

A bunch of the merch from this event/the Haunted Mansion 50th hit the shop Disney website (and app) late last night! Grateful to be able to buy that DressShop dress without the crazy markup the scalpers are trying to get away with online. If you were interested in that dress, the Shag shirt, some of the purses, pins & T-shirt’s then go check it out.
I’m assuming website only and not the app. I am willing to say the ShopDisney App has some of the worst implemented search capabilities I have ever seen.

I’m assuming website only and not the app. I am willing to say the ShopDisney App has some of the worst implemented search capabilities I have ever seen.
Most of it is on the app as well (I had said so in the post you’re quoting but it was long so I can see how it could be easy to miss). In the app you just select shop, then new, then shop all, then on the drop down sort menu select newest items first.

Frankly I'm glad some of this stuff is available now. I got the Harvey's coin purse and wanted to attach it to my HM Dooney. I haven't yet because the resale price keeps going up and I started to think of it as something I don't want to use or soil because of it's increased value. Think of all the things we collect and buy and don't enjoy. All the Funkos left in boxes or pins left on backer boards or apparel left on hangers because we are afraid to use them.

Frankly I'm glad some of this stuff is available now. I got the Harvey's coin purse and wanted to attach it to my HM Dooney. I haven't yet because the resale price keeps going up and I started to think of it as something I don't want to use or soil because of it's increased value. Think of all the things we collect and buy and don't enjoy. All the Funkos left in boxes or pins left on backer boards or apparel left on hangers because we are afraid to use them.
Yep. I have a DL 60th anniversary blue leather purse, still in the bag with tags on. I just can't bring myself to use it. I decided not to buy anything else like that unless it's something I won't just stick away in a closet.

The Harveys pieces were only in-stock for a short period of time, they are both sold out again.

I'll be in Disneyland from Sept 20th - 23rd and just saw all the awesome Haunted Mansion-themed seasonsl offerings at all the Quick Service Restaurants.
Will those still be available at the end of September!?

I'll be in Disneyland from Sept 20th - 23rd and just saw all the awesome Haunted Mansion-themed seasonsl offerings at all the Quick Service Restaurants.
Will those still be available at the end of September!?
I don’t think so; I think they’re phasing out and being replaced by Halloweentime treats when that starts September 6. I read that some are only around until the end of August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!