Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I'm glad it was fairly low-key. I tried half-heartedly for the 40th and didn't get in but a couple of friends did and it was amazing. I realize this isn't going to be like their experience, but it still sounds fun and I decided to splurge. Who knows how many opportunities I'll have down the road?

Managed to snag tickets at 10:20am, in the middle of our commencement event...because you know where my priorities were. At 9:50am, I had to excuse myself.

Glad people were able to register more than one person at a time - it just didn't make sense to me! Now I have an event to look forward to just before the D23 Expo. ;)

Managed to snag tickets at 10:20am, in the middle of our commencement event...because you know where my priorities were. At 9:50am, I had to excuse myself.

Glad people were able to register more than one person at a time - it just didn't make sense to me! Now I have an event to look forward to just before the D23 Expo. ;)
I wasn't sure if it would be hard to get tickets or not so I had a laptop and desktop open at the same time to get tickets for my daughter and me. Older daughter came over as I was finishing and said, "I want to go!" and she was able to get on the computer after I was done and get a ticket. If this had been like the 40th, it would have been immediately booked up and most people would never have gotten into the system at all.

Congratulations on getting tickets in the middle of commencement :D! So which day did everyone get? We're going the 8th/9th.

I was on & waited patiently for my turn in the queue. Went back & forth over which date to book. Got as far as the payment page & finally decided it wasn't worth the $ to me for a day of waiting in an endless merchandise line & a 3 hour after hours event with limited rides & probably huge crowds. I'll probably regret it at a later date but I guess I'm just getting too old for these kinds of events. I would have needed park tickets, airfare & a hotel room. Hopefully I'll be able to get the items I'm interested in online after the events.

Props to Disney for using that format. Seemed very fair. I've never participated in a merchandise lottery before. Seems like a great way to do things and not have so much time spent in line.

I have a few favorites. It's is going to be tough to chose since we can take advantage of both of our ticket registration numbers, but I don't want to end up with duplicates. Anyone have some suggestions? Any merchandise must haves?

I love the idea of stopping those Ebay folks and resellers! No hoarding. People have a fair shot at the "good stuff" and can't end up with piles of the same thing.
I say request the merchandise you really want! You only end up with duplicates if you specifically use your 2nd and 3rd choice options. I submitted my request. Not sure if being one of the first people to submit will increase my chances but I went for it. They don't charge your credit card until July 24th. They let you know what you get on July 15th.

I saw someone on Facebook looking for a sponsor. She said that she has done it for other events she has attended. She sends all the free merchandise she receives as well as purchases merchandise for those who sponsor her, basically pays for her ticket. I'd never heard of such a thing.

I saw someone on Facebook looking for a sponsor. She said that she has done it for other events she has attended. She sends all the free merchandise she receives as well as purchases merchandise for those who sponsor her, basically pays for her ticket. I'd never heard of such a thing.

That's crazy! (Or genius I'm not sure)

That's crazy! (Or genius I'm not sure)
I've heard of it before; I think there were people doing this for the 40th.
And when I used to go to pin-trading events, there were always one or two people "offering" to be sponsored.

I love the idea of stopping those Ebay folks and resellers! No hoarding. People have a fair shot at the "good stuff" and can't end up with piles of the same thing.
I say request the merchandise you really want! You only end up with duplicates if you specifically use your 2nd and 3rd choice options. I submitted my request. Not sure if being one of the first people to submit will increase my chances but I went for it. They don't charge your credit card until July 24th. They let you know what you get on July 15th.

It doesn’t really matter when you submit, that’s where the random part comes in. It’s a computerized thing, like putting everyone that wants item #1 in a fishbowl and drawing names. If #1 is limited to 25 items and 24 people put it down, everyone gets it. If 27 want item #1, two people don’t get it.

You don’t know how many of most of the items were made, so it only really comes into play with the limited items. And you don’t know how many people are in the pool.

A lot of the items are also starred, indicating they will show up later in the park if not all sold-out.

Last edited:
If this was in WDW I'd have been all over it! But I can't see planning a trip from the east coast just for this. Hope everyone who goes enjoys it and reports back!!

For those going and wanting to purchase merchandise. I just emailed and asked after the lottery if you end up with more items than you want can you remove from the cart and the answer is yes. I really just want 1 pin that says 50th on it but I'll be putting in a request for more than one in hopes I'll get 1. So if I put in a request for 4 and get all 4 then I have the option before payment to remove some.

For those going and wanting to purchase merchandise. I just emailed and asked after the lottery if you end up with more items than you want can you remove from the cart and the answer is yes. I really just want 1 pin that says 50th on it but I'll be putting in a request for more than one in hopes I'll get 1. So if I put in a request for 4 and get all 4 then I have the option before payment to remove some.

Good to know. I am currently working through my list and I don't want to end up with more items than I can afford!

It's a thing
I usually do it for Disney pins. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!