Haunted Mansion Holiday in 2020? Any Info?

Yes, I hope they really check the speakers in the ADA buggies. It was weird the first time and then it just kept happening. We would mention it to the cast members and it seemed the majority were aware, so hopefully it will be carefully checked.

All the speakers need to be checked more frequently. When the Holiday overlay happens, the new spiel for the ride changes digitally and sometimes the speakers are not perfectly aligned with the spiel.
Let's hope the handicapped buggies and all the buggies are fully functional and operational.

I’d be pretty bummed if we end up going in December and there was no overlay. That overlay is a big piece of the Halloween ANd holiday season. I’m guessing Disney will do their best to keep it.

We're planning to go for Christmas. I love the Holiday overlay. It is so fun and there is so much to look at. I hope it's there this year!

I love HMH and prefer it over the original, though I'll gladly take either right now lol. But speaking of buggies/sleighs, I'd love to experience either version just once without being stopped on the track. I don't think I've ever gone on it without at least one "pause."

We're planning to go for Christmas. I love the Holiday overlay. It is so fun and there is so much to look at. I hope it's there this year!
I hope so too!! But I think with the closure, the construction delays and costs, the Mansion overlay probably will be shelved. Christmas I expect everything. All the usual decorations. Small World Holiday.

I love HMH and prefer it over the original, though I'll gladly take either right now lol. But speaking of buggies/sleighs, I'd love to experience either version just once without being stopped on the track. I don't think I've ever gone on it without at least one "pause."
Yes I would take either version right now. The pauses usually are there...You need to go right when Disneyland opens and get on the Mansion right away!! No pauses.

I have to admit, I’m a little on the fence with which version I hope to experience the next time I get to go.

With all the trips as I’ve made over the years, I only experienced HMH for the first time 3 years ago. Since then, I’ve experienced the original HM on only one of my following trips.

I love them both, but the original will always be my sentimental favorite. There is a part of me that thinks that HMH should be installed after Halloween so that the Halloween season can benefit from the original.

I don’t think I’d complain though as long as one version is running on my next trip.

I have to admit, I’m a little on the fence with which version I hope to experience the next time I get to go.

With all the trips as I’ve made over the years, I only experienced HMH for the first time 3 years ago. Since then, I’ve experienced the original HM on only one of my following trips.

I love them both, but the original will always be my sentimental favorite. There is a part of me that thinks that HMH should be installed after Halloween so that the Halloween season can benefit from the original.

I don’t think I’d complain though as long as one version is running on my next trip.
Yes as long as one version is open and Disneyland is open!!! :)

I spent about 15 minutes stuck in front of that stupid ghost that pops up from behind the tombstone.

I instagram live’d it and it was hilarious.

Last edited:
We specifically planned a trip to see the regular version of HM since we are always there in the Fall and of course we’ve now had to rebook for November. So while I love NBC I won’t be disappointed if they skip it this year!

It just dawned on me that we haven’t seen the original overlay since our Labor Day trip. Our next few trips were in October, November and December during the HMH, and then January, February and March when the ride was down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!