Haunted Mansion second FP scanner is also gone (+report, park pics)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Last week I posted that the FP scanner for Pirates was gone. While I walked into the HM via the FP return line, I saw that the second scanning post for FPs was also gone. That's kind of nice. I suspect it'll make FP return a little faster. Well, the line for HM in general a little faster.

Mine report and park pics follow.

First in the park.
IMG_7167.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG

I noticed this lion for the first time yesterday. Can anyone guess where it is?
IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

The Tiki Room is open once again!

IMG_7188.JPG

Did OK on Buzz yesterday. There was a fair amount of competition. "JIM" is a friend of mine. We often do Buzz together and compare scores. 1,713,300 was a new record for him. I barely broke 2M. I would have been so annoyed had I scored 1000 just shy of it.

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7193.JPG

IMG_7191.JPG

IMG_7192.JPG

............the moving fan indicates that someone needs to be cool, so I would think the meet and greet by NBC. HM seems to be the only place with concrete animal structures.

Pirates Queue up to the right of the entrance, between pirates and Tarzan? (also on the side where the entrance to 21 Royal is)

Last week I posted that the FP scanner for Pirates was gone. While I walked into the HM via the FP return line, I saw that the second scanning post for FPs was also gone. That's kind of nice. I suspect it'll make FP return a little faster. Well, the line for HM in general a little faster.

Mine report and park pics follow.

First in the park.
View attachment 356856

View attachment 356858

View attachment 356859

I noticed this lion for the first time yesterday. Can anyone guess where it is?
View attachment 356860

View attachment 356861

View attachment 356862

View attachment 356863

The Tiki Room is open once again!

View attachment 356864
Lovely photos! What time did you arrive to find such an empty Main Street?

It was funny because we were there last week and I had my phone out ready to scan at the 2nd FP location for HM, but they were gone! I asked the CM standing there and he said he was just as shocked as I was. They were there the day before and just sort of disappeared lol

It was funny because we were there last week and I had my phone out ready to scan at the 2nd FP location for HM, but they were gone! I asked the CM standing there and he said he was just as shocked as I was. They were there the day before and just sort of disappeared lol
They hadn’t been using the second scanner for the past couple of months already so not surprised they pulled it out.

Around 6:30 (for an 8:00 opening). You have to be first in line and you have to hustle to get to Main Street before anyone else. It's only like this for about 20-30 seconds after the gates open.
You get there an hour and a half early? Are there other people in line that early? What time does the line behind you start filling up?

They hadn’t been using the second scanner for the past couple of months already so not surprised they pulled it out.

Interesting! We hadn't been since May. Funny that the CM was so surprised by it too, then. Maybe it was really his first day? lol

You get there an hour and a half early? Are there other people in line that early? What time does the line behind you start filling up?

Ish. The line starts to form around 6:45 or so. By 7:20, it's decidedly long. The nice thing is that when you arrive that early, you kind of have your choice about which gate you want. I always aim for the ones closest to the Main Street underpasses.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter