• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have a lot of tomatos around? Try this pasta dish

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Alla Checca -- Uncooked tomato sauce

5 tomatoes, seeded and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound pasta

Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil in a non-metal bowl. Stir in salt. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature at least 2 hours, or as long as 10 hours.

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Pour uncooked sauce over hot pasta, and toss. Add grated Parmesan cheese to your liking.

Thanks! I was just wondering what I should make for dinner--this will be perfect!

MMM sounds good! Just one question though (and I am being serious here)..how do I seed tomatoes??

As far as I can tell, you just scrape them out after you slice it. I usually use plum tomatoes since they have less seeds to begin with !

Usually if you cut the tomatoes in half and give them a squeeze the seeds will come out. You can scrap out any that remain with a spoon. That's probably the easiest way to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter