Have a water Lauren, Seriously - F&W Adults only Finished 3/8

Lets Wrap this thing up!

We had dinner at the Edison, but first we had a stop to make! We headed to AK, which again resulted in a horrible Uber experience, but we made it and were on FOP by 6:10. I did realize my mistake here, i made the FOP FP, and figured we would head out after, with out doing anything else in the park.
Pic while waiting to get on FoP.

We loaded and the guy next to us started worrying about getting nauseous, he said he would do Soarin. I told him i thought he should try it and that it wasnt to bad. Rob was not happy with me, he worries i will talk someone into and they will get sick and well it wont be good. It ended up the guy loved it and thanked me for encouraging him to ride!

As we are leaving FoP Rob suggested we do the Safari. I didn't even think to get a FP for it and the wait was about 45 min so we ended up skipping it and just heading to Disney Springs. I felt bad but when i asked what he wanted to do on this trip this never came up.. but i will not make this mistake again.

We headed to Disney Springs, and did some shopping, purchased more stuff we probably didn't need and went to the Edison. It was a lot of fun! I don
t have any pictures but take my word for it! I came to find out after the fact that this restaurant is owned by the Patina Group as well (Via Napoli and my local go to Italian place are also owned by them) So i am not surprised we enjoyed the food here!
I didn't get this shirt but loved it, i think it would rather it as a posted

We did some more shopping and had the worst Uber experience of my life! So we called the Uber and he was a nice guy and chatting with us. Then he said oh i missed the turn sorry about that, i am just going to end the trip and then take you to the hotel... UMM what? NO, and then i lost cell signal and for a whole 3 minutes i legit thought we were being abducted,. I was thinking he has a cell blocker and he was gong to abduct us. I spent the rest of the ride trying to text my sister.

We made it back to the hotels, and went to bed, I regret not getting up at 5 and running to HS for one more quick set of rides.

We had the hotel breakfast which was a buffet and actually pretty good.
We headed to the airport with an uneventful Uber, and had an uneventful flight home and make Pick up for Dillon at school at 3:20!

This was a great adults only trip and i am so happy we did it! Trying to figure out how i can convince Rob we need another one... Like now!​

Sounds like a great end to a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

DO it! DO it! It over laps with Jersey week! Wow i am a bad influence!

Don't I know it! It also overlaps a major project at work that Hubby is a big part of, so it's a tough sell. In 2022, Jersey Week overlaps the girls' birthday, so we're saving his "get out of inspection week" card for that year.

I felt bad but when i asked what he wanted to do on this trip this never came up.. but i will not make this mistake again.

That's the problem with men! They don't mention these things when we ask so we can't plan for them!

t have any pictures but take my word for it! I came to find out after the fact that this restaurant is owned by the Patina Group as well

Oo I didn't realize the Edison was them also!

I'm organizing photos for my December trip today and I took a picture of this shirt too! I liked it also but it seems like a lot for a shirt.

i am just going to end the trip and then take you to the hotel... UMM what? NO, and then i lost cell signal and for a whole 3 minutes i legit thought we were being abducted,. I was thinking he has a cell blocker and he was gong to abduct us. I spent the rest of the ride trying to text my sister.

Omg I would've thought the same thing. Thankfully you weren't alone and thankfully you didn't get kidnapped!

You have me so excited for food and wine next year. Its been way too long since we've been and hopefully that changes this year!!!!

Glad you all got some much needed adult time

went to the Edison. It was a lot of fun!
We went for lunch so didn't see any entertainment but the food was great! Definitely want to go back for dinner on a night they're doing stuff.
Wow that's a shirt? I haven't seen that but I agree it would be a great poster or plaque.
Trying to figure out how i can convince Rob we need another one... Like now!
lol! Steve is always the one trying to talk me into constant adults only trips and I can't say it bothers me! Enjoyed your report :)

Nice final night! Well, except for the crazy Uber experience! I've actually never used a ride share before, but I'm always terrified when I do I'll end up with that kind of story. I guess it's better you had the sketchy driver when the kids weren't with you. Imagine how stressful that would have been.

WOW i have been gone from this report for a while! i owed some final replies but i just haven't been able to motivate myself with everything going on to spend to much time on thie DIS.... which is very sad! Since i do love it over here!

So here go some final replies on this quick report!

Sounds like a great end to a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for following along!!

Don't I know it! It also overlaps a major project at work that Hubby is a big part of, so it's a tough sell. In 2022, Jersey Week overlaps the girls' birthday, so we're saving his "get out of inspection week" card for that year.

YAHOO! That will be so fun Birthday trip!

That's the problem with men! They don't mention these things when we ask so we can't plan for them!

Don't i know it!! So frustrating

I'm organizing photos for my December trip today and I took a picture of this shirt too! I liked it also but it seems like a lot for a shirt.

Way to much for a shirt!

You have me so excited for food and wine next year. Its been way too long since we've been and hopefully that changes this year!!!!

Glad you all got some much needed adult time

I am so excited to get back to Food and Wine... i think this year????

Sounds like a nice final night! Except for the uber ride!!

Glad you had such a great adults only trip!!

Thanks! It was so nice!

Wow that's a shirt? I haven't seen that but I agree it would be a great poster or plaque.

Yeah it was a bit much!

lol! Steve is always the one trying to talk me into constant adults only trips and I can't say it bothers me! Enjoyed your report :)

haha! I want another one so bad, i could really use some adult time right now!

Nice final night! Well, except for the crazy Uber experience! I've actually never used a ride share before, but I'm always terrified when I do I'll end up with that kind of story. I guess it's better you had the sketchy driver when the kids weren't with you. Imagine how stressful that would have been.

Thanks!

I usually love ride shares, i think they are great and use them pretty often, but this one time was a bit sketchy and it was a turn off for sure, if i hadn't used one before i wouldn't be rushing back!

The same thing happened to me at Soarin'. Our trip overlapped yours because I remember Billy Ocean was performing at Epcot while we were there. I'm guessing the lack of a third row was due to the crowd levels. Your active eats loaded mac n cheese looked wonderful. That Kenyan Coffee BBQ beef was incredible. So tasty!

Your first day was definitely filled with fun. I'm considering staying at the Waldorf Astoria for my next visit whenever that will be. What luck you had with the incredible view.

I'm with you. I skip the gym when on vacation too. Not too big of a problem because I'm always running around. That Tequila Lunch Pairing sounded amazing and how lucky you were to have Hilda as your server.

I don't think you need to have watched a Star Wars movie to appreciate Galaxy's Edge. Just knowing you are on another planet is enough, if you ask me.

You certainly made the most out of Food and Wine Festival! We made different choices during our festival visit. I'm guessing you could spend a month there and still not have had all what they have to offer. If you want to check out my take on the festival you can visit my latest trip report. I'll have to read your other trip reports.

Ciao!

Sorry for the late reply @DouglasE ! Been crazy around here and while i ready your comments a while back i didn't have time to reply!

The same thing happened to me at Soarin'. Our trip overlapped yours because I remember Billy Ocean was performing at Epcot while we were there. I'm guessing the lack of a third row was due to the crowd levels. Your active eats loaded mac n cheese looked wonderful. That Kenyan Coffee BBQ beef was incredible. So tasty!

Overall we did really love the food at F&W! I am sad we aren't making it back for it this year, but maybe next year!

How fun we overlapped! I liked listening to the live music when we are in Epcot it is a fun change of pace!

Your first day was definitely filled with fun. I'm considering staying at the Waldorf Astoria for my next visit whenever that will be. What luck you had with the incredible view.

It was a cool hotel, staying on points really helped swallow the cost!

I'm with you. I skip the gym when on vacation too. Not too big of a problem because I'm always running around. That Tequila Lunch Pairing sounded amazing and how lucky you were to have Hilda as your server.

haha i skip the gym when i am not on vacation too! The lunch was amazing! the special events are really where it is at!

I don't think you need to have watched a Star Wars movie to appreciate Galaxy's Edge. Just knowing you are on another planet is enough, if you ask me.

True, but it does help you appreciate it i think!

You certainly made the most out of Food and Wine Festival! We made different choices during our festival visit. I'm guessing you could spend a month there and still not have had all what they have to offer. If you want to check out my take on the festival you can visit my latest trip report. I'll have to read your other trip reports.

I need to check out your trip report! I will hope over there shortly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!