Have a water Lauren, Seriously - F&W Adults only updated 12/31

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I am here to follow along!

We went for an adults only trip around that time as well.
I really loved the adults only trip, and cant wait to do it again! but probably wont be for a while....

I always end up neglegling one trip over the other when I have 2 at the same time.
I am trying to hard to keep them even!

Mom guilt is REAL! I totally understand.
So real.... i feel like i used to think people exaggerated but its totally a thing, and so hard for me!

We have had some questionable uber drivers. It is hit or miss!
We are almost solidly in the miss category this trip.... the worst is yet to come!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
I really loved the adults only trip, and cant wait to do it again! but probably wont be for a while....
Us too... We have Annual passes now, but they expire in Feb. So, we will probably skip a year. Plus, I am not sure we will go for Food & Wine, it was just so crowded!

So real.... i feel like i used to think people exaggerated but its totally a thing, and so hard for me!
When we went this year, we were gone for picture day and I felt so guilty. Of course, it was fine. So silly. But it's real!

• NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Hollywood Studios! - Star Wars

After lunch I didn’t feel the need to eat or drink much more so we headed to the Epcot experience and did a quick loop and took some PP pics, with some of the most misrable PP people ever. Some were ok, but some seemed like i was annoying them asking them to take the photos... either way some came out way cute... and checking out the experience made me really excited for these changes! I am really excited for Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille (which we LOVED in DLP)!

Then we made our way to the skyliner to take that to Hollywood studios. I loved trying out the skyliner, and I think if your staying at a hotel it services its great and the transfer didn't take long but its not super convenient to have to switch to go from Epcot to HS, but neither are the boats, we are walkers, we almost always walk.....that is my official review.

Picture proof we took the skyliner, but no really good pictures!

We had a FP for Tower of Terror. We made it there and as soon as we tapped in and walked to where the line stopped they announced they are having technical difficulties and the wait would be about double.

We waited about 10 minutes and then decided to abandoned ship, we hadn't moved at all, and we had other stuff we wanted to do. We stopped by guest services and he changed out tower of terror FP to an untimed ToT FP.

We did a loop around some shops, i kinda wish i got this... but but i have SO many coffee mugs and tumblers that hardly get used...

Then we headed to Galaxy Edge!!

We have arrived!

Neither of us are huge Star Wars fan, I won’t say who but one of us has never seen a Star Wars movie and the other saw their first one in college. I took a bunch of pictures and was explaining some stuff to Rob and we walked through the shops. We spotted some people playing with the Droids they had made and luckily Rob comment he thought it was cool.. since i have signed Dillon up for this in February!

Some SWGE Pics and PP!

We then rode Millennium Falcon, I thought the ride was pretty good and the wait didn’t feel that long since you are always moving with no FP. It said 45 minutes and we timed it at 41 including ride time. I was getting a bit thirsty so i felt the need to buy an over price water, but I loved the bottle!

We were off the ride around 415 and had sometime to kill so we did some more wondering around Galaxy Edge and then to the Incredibles area for a coffee.

We obviously didn’t time this right as we had a 5pm reservation at Ogas (Maybe we could have waited on the ToT line). We headed back that way and we’re quickly seated. This was a really cool experience and I’m happy I did it, but doubt we will be back if traveling with kids. It’s tight and I could imagine a bit annoying with them if you don’t get one of the few tables. But again I’m happy we went. We both got the outer rim and it was pretty good.

We decided we were ready to head back to Epcot and skipped out on going to ToT as the line still was pretty long, i think 45 minutes but could be way off.

Next Up more Food and Drinks!​

Last edited:

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Us too... We have Annual passes now, but they expire in Feb. So, we will probably skip a year. Plus, I am not sure we will go for Food & Wine, it was just so crowded!
    Same, ours expire in August, (two more trips planned) but we are probably taking off till Nov 2021.... Which feels long but really isn't.. I MAY me squeezing in a trip with m cousins in October.. but that's yet to be confirmed.

When we went this year, we were gone for picture day and I felt so guilty. Of course, it was fine. So silly. But it's real!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
    Agreed on Oga's Cantina. I'm glad we tried it once but we won't be back for a while.

It's crazy how fast the MFSR line seems to move without FP to interrupt!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    Then we made our way to the skyliner to take that to Hollywood studios. I loved trying out the skyliner, and I think if your staying at a hotel it services its great and the transfer didn't take long but its not super convenient to have to switch to go from Epcot to HS, but neither are the boats, we are walkers, we almost always walk.....that is my official review.
    It def is not worth taking the skyliner to get form EPCOT to HS. The boat proably still makes sense.

We waited about 10 minutes and then decided to abandoned ship, we hadn't moved at all, and we had other stuff we wanted to do. We stopped by guest services and he changed out tower of terror FP to an untimed ToT FP.
    We had this happen to us and the line was not moving at all. Probably a good idea.

• kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
    I didn't recall it looking like this but whatever....turns out this pressed penny was not missing and she had the same one at home already! Luckily I love Figment and my kid so no harm done!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Murphy's Law!!!

He then said he wanted his own. I said it’s better to split stuff then we can try more. He ordered 1, then at the last second said no make it 2. Well we sit down and he is like your right one would have been good.
    Mama always knows best. When will they learn :P Jason and I (and usually Casey) split everything for this exact reason. Splitting = more items to try!

Have a water Lauren, seriously. I responded by going to the bar and got taco bell, in the BAR the Taco Bell is in the BAR, and did not have a water, just beer
    :drinking1 girl after my own heart

On this walk is where I had my strangest ever *** Epcot moment, a man going for a run around world showcase at 730pm during food and wine. A legit run, head phones, running shoes like training for a race run, not I’m going to miss my FP window run! So if your this person please explain?!?!
    While I can see that this is a good place to run, not with 20,000 of your closest friends around. Very strange.

he stew was ok, not amazing but the cheesy bread hit the spot!
    We haven't been to food and wine since 2017 but I so remember that cheesy bread. So dang good!

Jellyrolls was actually way more fun then we expected and I’m so happy we did this! Highly recommend! I will say we love dueling piano bars anyway, but these guys were pretty talented and funny and they played almost all of our songs!
    So happy to hear you all had a great time. I remember loving this place buts its been forever since I've been. Like Jason and I were in college forever but I do remember it was a great time.

We loved this experience and would do it again for sure, if we went back during Food and Wine we may try a different experience, but it would be a hard sell as I found this to be amazing!
    That does look like an amazing experience. We're hoping to go next November so I definitely want to do some of these experiences. Just need to find one that the kiddo can tag along on. I'm thinking tequila wouldn't be her thing :earboy2:

Neither of us are huge Star Wars fan, I won’t say who but one of us has never seen a Star Wars movie and the other saw their first one in college.
    NEVER????? Not sure I know anyone who has never seen a star wars movie

e spotted some people playing with the Droids they had made and luckily Rob comment he thought it was cool.. since i have signed Dillon up for this in February!
    So fun! Has she done the Jedi Academy yet? I didn't remember and Casey loved this when she was her age

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    It def is not worth taking the skyliner to get form EPCOT to HS. The boat proably still makes sense.
    Yeah, if the boat is there we will take it, but for some reason we almost always end up walking.

We had this happen to us and the line was not moving at all. Probably a good idea.
    yeah that's what it seemed like, happy we bailed and you just made me feel even better about this call!

Sounds like a nice lunch and a fun time at DHS!
    Great lunch and a nice time at DHS!

Mama always knows best. When will they learn :P Jason and I (and usually Casey) split everything for this exact reason. Splitting = more items to try!
    :drinking1 girl after my own heart
    You know it! to both items here!

So happy to hear you all had a great time. I remember loving this place buts its been forever since I've been. Like Jason and I were in college forever but I do remember it was a great time.
    It is so fun! I cant wait to figure out when we can go back!

That does look like an amazing experience. We're hoping to go next November so I definitely want to do some of these experiences. Just need to find one that the kiddo can tag along on. I'm thinking tequila wouldn't be her thing :earboy2:
    Haha you don't think she will enjoy a tequila tasting?

NEVER????? Not sure I know anyone who has never seen a star wars movie
    NEVER! Can you even believe it! (its not me, in case you were wondering)

So fun! Has she done the Jedi Academy yet? I didn't remember and Casey loved this when she was her age
    She hasn't and she told me she doesnt wan to she is a bit scared for some crazy reason... 🤷‍♀️

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    yeah that's what it seemed like, happy we bailed and you just made me feel even better about this call!
    It was a hard call for us as well. But I def think it was worth it. We were watching the fast pass line get longer and longer, and I said the kids that all those people were basically going to get on before us.

Yeah, if the boat is there we will take it, but for some reason we almost always end up walking
    We have never made the walk. Probably because we have the girls with us. But that is probably the fastest way.

• StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    Totally! I have a feeling when I finally ditch the stroller (since Maren is so young I have time!) there will be no more walking! No way my kids will do that walk!
    Most of the time I am glad we have shed the stroller but every once in awhile I wish they were in a stroller.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates